• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
5 5

669 posts in this topic

Good Evening! Welcome  to   Too Much Fun  Tuesday!

Tonight  is  more mixed  grille,  high  grade  and vintage  giveaways,  a couple  Weird Tales,  and  a 1935  Minnie Mouse  pop-up  book. 
Buckle  your  seatbelts,  we're going to  tear it up.   

Oh,  did  I  mention  the  PCH   slab?   There's     PCH  slab. 

But let's start  with  something  completely  different.

Graphic  Story  Magazine  13

Features  a  dozen pages  by underground  artist  George  Metzger,  a long  interview with  John Severin,  and a comic  adaptation of  an Adam  Link  story
with  art  by  D. Bruce Berry,  who  brings to mind  both Steve  Ditko  and  Pete Constanza

Minimal  general  wear  on  a sharp glossy copy.  From  1971,   this is  the first  publication  I  ever got my  hands on  that  treated  comics  and 
cartooning   as  an artform.

Asking $15

Ue8SRoT.jpg

Toodles 10 (#1)

More  painted  cover  weirdness   from  Ziff  Davis!  
Original  stories  plus   newspaper  reprints. 

Nice glossy  copy,  tight with  white  pages, but  there's  some  general wear  and  a  tiny  corner off  lower  RH  FC.

Asking  $30

BTbLnK2.jpg

What's In It For  YOU?

Undated,  but it  feels  like  1955 or so to me.    Published  by  Harvey Comics.
Flat  and  tight,  nice  shape  except  for  a  chip  out  upper  edge BC and a tiny  split  upper  spine

Asking  $30

5MtPgCf.jpg

Fatman Th Human  Flying Saucer 3

Only  three  issues  published,  and this one  is  supposedly  scarcer  than  the  other  two,  but it's the second  higher grade copy 
I've  had  in  the last couple years.  Regardless,  it's  a nice  Sixties  squarebound  comic,   and  none of them  are common in grade.

Flat,  tight,  clean,  square,   glossy,    bone white pages. Tiny tear lower  edge BC,   minimal  general  wear.

Yours for $25

3VhQg0S.jpg

Graphic Story Magazine 15

Published in 1973,  this is the earliest  interview with Gahan  Wilson   I  remember  seeing. LONG  interview with  science fiction  author
Harry Harrison,  who  started  his  career  in  comics, both  as  a  writer  and  as an artist.  Reproduces  quite  a bit of  his  early art,  including  
a full  color  BC  with Wally Wood 

Flat,  clean,  tight,  glossy, white pages,  whiff of general wear and rubbing.

Asking $15

N2cIOTG.jpg

Detective Comics 476

Joker story!

Some  general  wear,  but  still  a pretty copy.  Touch  of  spine/stacking roll,  several tics  along  the  spine.  Othrwise 
clean  and glossy,  tight with  white  pages. 

Hold  out  for  a  9.8  slab  at  several hundred  dollars,   or  grab a  pretty copy that you can read  for  $30.
The  choice  is  YOURS!

CRCJsY4.jpg

Weird Tales V47 #1,  November 1948

Chipping  along  lower  edge FC, small  corner off  lower  RH  corner  BC,  light water  along  outside edge BC. Tear  sealed  upper  LH  FC.
Spine strip sun faded, still  flat and  tight. 
Cover  by  John  Giunta,  stories by  Eric Frank Russell,  Seabury  Quinn,  Robert  Bloch,  and Theodore Sturgeon.  

Asking  $25

8I2EvbK.jpg

Fight Comics 58

Ten pages of  Tiger Girl  by  Matt Baker, along with another  six  pages  of  Baker on Kayo Kirby.

Rubbing  upper  LH  FC,  otherwise  some general  wear  on a flat  tight  copy  with  a  touch  gloss left  and off-white pages.

Grab some  Tiger Girl Goodness for $50

xkDQipO.jpg

21 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Black Mask V30 #3, September 1947

Ahh, nothing like  a bloody  cockfighting  painted   cover,  lol

Early  John D.  MacDonald story

Small tear upper  edge  FC,  some dogears  and folds. Flat and square,   glossy,  off-white - white pages

Asking  $20

krph7Sx.jpg

I'll take it

Wisco giveaway,  Captain Marvel and Billy's Big Game

Small  hole  page  1 smack dab in Billy's face, and you could  convince me it was  from production   or  later mayhem.
Either  way  it's  small  and neat.  Otherwise flat and  clean  neat enough,  with  a bit of  general  wear.  Offwhite  pages.

Asking $150

HryyNXs.jpg

Tales From The Crypt 42

Long  tear  along  spine,  all the way  up to the Crypt Keeper,  with a piece out  by  the Vault Keeper.  Small corner off  lower  RH FC, 
corner off lower LH BC,  split upper  spine. With  all  that said,  cover is  still  firmly attached  at  the  upper staple,  and  the interior  
is quite  nice,  tight with off-white pages.

Take it home for $50  SOLD!

wFdApJW.jpg

Edited by catrick339

EGAD!  It's  the  last  Puppetoons of the thread!

George Pal's Puppetoons 17

One  small tear interior,   slightly  affects one panel.  Otherwise  flat and square,  tight  with off-white pages.

Asking $30

cDejOQR.jpg

The Legends of Daniel Boone #1

Two small water drops upper  edge cover,  teensy  hole through  BC  lower  edge.  Otherwise  flat,  tight,  glossy, off-white  pages.
Listed  as  scarce  in  O'street.

Asking $100

bD3DhPe.jpg

...and I'm  back.

A Trip Through Space  featuring Elsie  the Cow. 

Looks   basically  untouched.   Flat, tight, white pages.

Asking  $100

WFJNJxm.jpg

Marvel Spotlight 3

Second  appearance of  Werewolf By Night

Touch  of  general wear  on  a tight glossy  copy, white pages,   killer Mike Ploog  art. 

Asking $20

WWdwJM9.jpg