• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A ebay seller doing it right

12 posts in this topic

That Seller sold me an advertized SILVER SURFER # 7 NM - the back cover looks like someone ran out of tiolet paper and pressed it to sell.

Beware. Caveat Emptor.

CAL makepoint.gif

That Seller sold me an advertized SILVER SURFER # 7 NM - the back cover looks like someone ran out of tiolet paper and pressed it to sell.

Beware. Caveat Emptor.

CAL makepoint.gif

Why didn't you neg him?

That Seller sold me an advertized SILVER SURFER # 7</B> NM - the back cover looks like someone ran out of tiolet paper and pressed it to sell.

That's because he did wipe his skinny hairy with that back cover and got a huge chip of crapp on it. I understand it that it was a NM had it not been for the crapp smeer on the back cover. He should still disclose it though. "NM comic but it has a huge poop smear on it."

Man, I bid because he does have a 100% feedback rating 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That means absolutely nothing. 100% feedback in itself is worthless. Check out the comments and if they're mainly vague platitudes...'Great seller! Excellent packaging! Nice guy!'...that sort of thing, it usually means 'can't grade for sh!te, but I won't neg him because he'll neg me right back'.

You need to be looking for specific comments relating to quality of the product 'His VF was right on the money' or 'Conservatively/accurately graded'...stuff like that.

Or you can come here and ask if anyone has dealt with a specific seller before bidding.

Man, I bid because he does have a 100% feedback rating 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That means absolutely nothing. 100% feedback in itself is worthless. Check out the comments and if they're mainly vague platitudes...'Great seller! Excellent packaging! Nice guy!'...that sort of thing, it usually means 'can't grade for sh!te, but I won't neg him because he'll neg me right back'.

You need to be looking for specific comments relating to quality of the product 'His VF was right on the money' or 'Conservatively/accurately graded'...stuff like that.

Or you can come here and ask if anyone has dealt with a specific seller before bidding.

Thank you for this I am new to this and all the advise I can get helps.

Conversely, you can get comments from buyers who don't know how to grade: example--'comic has numerous defects not disclosed--priced to sell'. I had the book accurately graded as GD/VG (last time I checked, there are numerous defects in that grade), specifically stated I don't list defects (cause that is what the grade is for--and I offer large scans) and I offered a return policy. 893censored-thumb.gif