• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Visitin San Fran...any good comic book stores?
2 2

48 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, XxSpideyxX said:

I am as well, but my best friend lives in LA and I've visited often enough to not want to go back.

Good advice. With all the homeless people, poop on the side walk rotting in the warm sun, traffic, crime, high taxes and horrible earth quakes it’s hell on earth I tell you...:roflmao:

4 hours ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

And if you're lucky, your visit can coincide with the Berkeley Comic Show, a quarterly back issue only affair with some national dealers and a big selection.

One of the things I miss the most about being in the Bay!

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Good advice. With all the homeless people, poop on the side walk rotting in the warm sun, traffic, crime, high taxes and horrible earth quakes it’s hell on earth I tell you...:roflmao:

As Yogi Berra once said (about different circumstances) “Nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded.”

23 hours ago, jpepx78 said:

If you have time check out the Cartoon Art Museum near Fisherman's Wharf. Featured current exhibit ending March 1 is pre-code horror original art from EC comics. 

https://www.cartoonart.org/visit

A pity that wasn't on when I visited, as I was located very close to there.

I'd have enjoyed that as much as Wondercon.

Edited by Ken Aldred

37 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

A pity that wasn't on when I visited, as I was located very close to there.

I'd have enjoyed that as much as Wondercon.

No idea what the exhibits were in 2008, but the museum was less than two blocks from WonderCon. Don't recall the museum getting much promotion.

8 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

No idea what the exhibits were in 2008, but the museum was less than two blocks from WonderCon. Don't recall the museum getting much promotion.

I didn't realise it was so close to the Moscone Center back then.  A pity.  :frown: