• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok I’m officially old and apparently poorly dressed.
2 2

90 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2020 at 1:18 AM, Tony S said:

I've had that done too  at 55. The prep was horrible but after the injection of Versed I don't remember anything except being told to roll over. Next I know I wake up with my wife standing by my side. She says to me "you were really chatting it up with that nurse". My reply was "what nurse?"  Now I know how date rape drugs work. I remember nothing....

Now they have a very reliable poop in a can / ship it to a lab test called Cologuard. Costs substantially less and skips that intrusive thing of having a nurse run 20 foot of tubing up your arse and then inflating it with a pump. I had to tell my doctor about Cologuard. So 10 years from now when they want to do the colonoscopy test again ask for Cologuard instead. Unless you prefer that more intimate, human touch thing. :smile:

And geez - the packages that are on a UPS truck....:p 

And this thread is freaking gold, baby. I've laughed until tears in my eyes. 

Being part of Safety training at UPS, one of those protocols says if you see any leaking packages - "Don't touch, Leave Area and Notify the Supervisor".  When I saw Colorguard, I didn't touch, left the area and notified my supervisor.  26 years old supervisor moved it and spoke through mike to call the spilling control team. They picked it up (not even leaking) and brought to their site.  They had no idea of this colonoscopy thing.  I did that for few times at UPS.  They still didn't know that I pulled their legs ever since and I still do it.  I swore to not touch them. Sadly, I will have the colonoscopy soon.

22 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I wear the same thing everyday and get lots of flack for it. "Fashion" is not important to me, so who cares? It's not my biz, however, I'm always curious why others the same everyday. Curious why you do.

Because I'm high-functioning autistic / Aspergers.  I tend towards repetitive behaviour, including finding something to wear that's easy to match and functional.  I tend to buy multiples of the same item, such as having five of the same black fleece jacket.  Like you, I'm not particularly bothered if I encounter people with the judgemental misconception that I'm 'always wearing the same thing', and who try to socially diminish me in the process.  With my mindset, it isn't that important.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Because I'm high-functioning autistic / Aspergers.  I tend towards repetitive behaviour, including finding something to wear that's easy to match and functional.  I tend to buy multiples of the same item, such as having five of the same black fleece jacket.  Like you, I'm not particularly bothered if I encounter people with the judgemental misconception that I'm 'always wearing the same thing', and who try to socially diminish me in the process.  With my mindset, it isn't that important.

"People Who Purposely Socially Diminish Others."   What a great title of a documentary that HBO will make 40 years from today about life in 2020.

Edited by NoMan

53 minutes ago, NoMan said:

"People Who Purposely Socially Diminish Others."   What a great title of a documentary that HBO will make 40 years from today about life in 2020.

I’d like a spinoff called “Exposing people who purposely socially diminish others” . Let’s see them at their finest hour. 

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

I wear the same thing everyday and get lots of flack for it. "Fashion" is not important to me, so who cares? It's not my biz, however, I'm always curious why others the same everyday. Curious why you do.

Now that I'm retired, and don't have the work-a-day routine, I find my self wearing the same stuff for quite a few days straight, which I know is not what you're getting at.  But on a normal week, I only make time for a couple showers, and pretty much only change clothes after a shower.

"People Who Purposely Socially Diminish Others." -They are desperately in need of an enema, provided by a fire truck.

For those keeping score, I've had four colonoscopies. I call it getting "X-Filed". I've lost 90 minutes of my memory and have been anally probed.

On 3/5/2020 at 7:18 AM, Tony S said:

I've had that done too  at 55. The prep was horrible but after the injection of Versed I don't remember anything except being told to roll over. Next I know I wake up with my wife standing by my side. She says to me "you were really chatting it up with that nurse". My reply was "what nurse?"  Now I know how date rape drugs work. I remember nothing....

Now they have a very reliable poop in a can / ship it to a lab test called Cologuard. Costs substantially less and skips that intrusive thing of having a nurse run 20 foot of tubing up your arse and then inflating it with a pump. I had to tell my doctor about Cologuard. So 10 years from now when they want to do the colonoscopy test again ask for Cologuard instead. Unless you prefer that more intimate, human touch thing. :smile:

And geez - the packages that are on a UPS truck....:p 

And this thread is freaking gold, baby. I've laughed until tears in my eyes. 

I just realised that I should reply to your post from a few days ago.

Over here in England, if you’re initially anxious or if you find the experience distressing, you can be given some Entonox gas, which is most commonly used for labour pains.  I was pretty much okay with everything apart from experiencing a bit of discomfort, and I told the nurses that I didn’t need the gas - it was just that having a distending tube passing through the region was a completely novel, unfamiliar experience.  Later, I realised I’d provided too much information.  The nurse performing the screening discharged me as a patient immediately afterwards, saying there were no problems and that it was one of the clearest he’d seen in someone in my age group.  I suppose then that if he’d been employed by CGC rather than the NHS he would’ve given the area a 9.8 in his medical notes, with the possibility of a CVA exceptional presentation sticker.

Yup.  I’ll be sent an NHS party fun pack yearly from the age of 60, containing a very similar home test to the one you mentioned.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 3/8/2020 at 12:24 PM, NoMan said:

On 3/8/2020 at 1:01 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Einstein famously wore only gray suits. Obama less famously only wore gray or blue suits later in his presidency. Both did so for the same reason. Not wasting brain power thinking about an everyday problem of what to wear. Research has borne out that the act of making simple decisions can degrade one's ability to make subsequent decisions. 

Numerous other famous people have also worn essentially the same outfit. Often as a "branding" thing. Steve Jobs immediately comes to mind. Johnny Cash was called The Man in Black. 

So you two are in good company wearing the same type of clothing every or nearly everyday.  

8 hours ago, Tony S said:

Einstein famously wore only gray suits. Obama less famously only wore gray or blue suits later in his presidency. Both did so for the same reason. Not wasting brain power thinking about an everyday problem of what to wear. Research has borne out that the act of making simple decisions can degrade one's ability to make subsequent decisions. 

Numerous other famous people have also worn essentially the same outfit. Often as a "branding" thing. Steve Jobs immediately comes to mind. Johnny Cash was called The Man in Black. 

So you two are in good company wearing the same type of clothing every or nearly everyday.  

don't leave out everybody that ever entered a boot camp in the u.s. military. and saving brain power had nothing to do with it, nor did Asperger/ autism/ocd. it should be noted, though,  that at least half of the persons in boot camp at any one time were clinically psychotic. thus endeth the reasons for dressing the same 

On 3/8/2020 at 12:07 PM, Junkdrawer said:

I’d like a spinoff called “Exposing people who purposely socially diminish others” . Let’s see them at their finest hour. 

why would there be a spinoff? Of course "People Who Purposely Socially Diminish Others" is about exposing people who purposely socially diminish others. That's what the film is about. Do you want to go over the pitch one more time in the car before we pitch to the suits in the glass towers?

Edited by NoMan