• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random question - autographs on slabbed comics

26 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, kav said:
22 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

How would you preserve sharpie sigs on a guitar?

Personally I would mask the area in a square and spray clear coat on it-carefully.  A tiny spray at a time.  let dry thoroughly.

Cool! It's just a thought I had :)

any prep I should do before signature?

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you want to be extra careful spray lightly with fixative first or do a test  spray on sharpie on similar surface.

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Be sure to let the sharpie cure for 24 hours before spraying.

14 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Cool. Ive never been to a con. Sad, I know. And when I say that I mean a big noteworthy convention. The city where I live hosts a small one a couple times a year but there are never any comic guests. Just some independent artists and sellers of video games, retro junk and the occassional comics. Someday I will hit up Fan Expo or Motor City comic con as those are the two closest major cities that have them.

I recommend fan expo as its just a fun time overall. Every year I do the 4 day premium pass and have a blast with the GF. It has a wider range of things which is great so everyone has a chance to nerd out or geek out in certain area's; such as gaming, anime, celebrities, artists, panels, comics, geeky/nerdy stuff and horror. So everyone has something to enjoy there I recommend going there the year CGC is there so you can do the CGC SS stuff yourself its fun, except if you dont like running around collecting signatures, I like it though can be a tad stressful moving your comics through a crowd. I have a BCW comic box (holds 10 books aprox) that I store them in so I dont stress as much as its protected from the bumps in the crowd.

28 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I recommend fan expo as its just a fun time overall. Every year I do the 4 day premium pass and have a blast with the GF. It has a wider range of things which is great so everyone has a chance to nerd out or geek out in certain area's; such as gaming, anime, celebrities, artists, panels, comics, geeky/nerdy stuff and horror. So everyone has something to enjoy there I recommend going there the year CGC is there so you can do the CGC SS stuff yourself its fun, except if you dont like running around collecting signatures, I like it though can be a tad stressful moving your comics through a crowd. I have a BCW comic box (holds 10 books aprox) that I store them in so I dont stress as much as its protected from the bumps in the crowd.

Sweet! Yeah I want to get to one soon. Are there comic deals to be had? I am not a big ticket hunter, I prefer the dollar or two or five boxes to pick up random goodness that I am missing from runs and what have you. 

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

Sweet! Yeah I want to get to one soon. Are there comic deals to be had? I am not a big ticket hunter, I prefer the dollar or two or five boxes to pick up random goodness that I am missing from runs and what have you. 

personally I find the big books a bit on the higher side I mean you can probably negotiate it down a bit. I had some 20- 30 dollar nice picks ups and some 5$ ones.. the dollar ones are a bit harder to find unless you have a VIP or premium pass and can get to the floor early.. As I find some vendors or others dig through them quickly and buy them up.. So if you go on Sat dont expect many dollar pick ups as Friday they will get a lot of them picked through... I usually go Thursday and dig through some people I usually buy from first, Hit EB games on Friday or late Thursday as they have some good deals and sat is my CGC SS day or Friday and hit up panels and check out the rest of the show.. Sat I dont bother with digging for books or anything as its usually very busy and crowded.

I usually gauge the prices of the wall books and make a judgement call if they have decent prices for wall books then i can dig through their long boxes... otherwise i pass as there is just so much show to cover and other interests to explore.. i mean you can make your plan as needed but that's usually what i like to do as i rarely go on the Sunday, But Sunday might be the day if you want to get the big book deals done is probably the day to do it.