• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random question - autographs on slabbed comics

26 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, GlennSimpson said:

I don't do much with slabbed comics, but was just pondering - do people ever get autographs on the case of already-slabbed comics?

its not common, but its certainly does happen.  I wouldn't advocate it as a way to improve the resale value, but if you're getting an creator sign a slabbed book that you love and its a nice looking sig and will make a good display, it might make sense.

2 minutes ago, revat said:

its not common, but its certainly does happen.  I wouldn't advocate it as a way to improve the resale value, but if you're getting an creator sign a slabbed book that you love and its a nice looking sig and will make a good display, it might make sense.

+1 Seems like I'm seeing more of these lately.  I've also seen quite a few SS books with the sig on the back cover.

5 minutes ago, comicquant said:

+1 Seems like I'm seeing more of these lately.  I've also seen quite a few SS books with the sig on the back cover.

+2

I personally don't want signed slabs. I am deep into the signed comic game, though.

I have also seen sigs on the back cover, and quite enjoy that approach. It's an uncommon placement, though.

I personally dont like it but if your going to do it for yourself it's all gravy baby... lol as mentioned before I wouldn't expect any compensation or increase in value for a case being signed. The sig is not verified and can wipe off... so if you have to pay for a signature I wouldn't do it; unless its purely personal then cash away.

6 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I personally dont like it but if your going to do it for yourself it's all gravy baby... lol as mentioned before I wouldn't expect any compensation or increase in value for a case being signed. The sig is not verified and can wipe off... so if you have to pay for a signature I wouldn't do it; unless its purely personal then cash away.

Don't keep gravy, or babies, around signed plastic.

35 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have also seen sigs on the back cover, and quite enjoy that approach. It's an uncommon placement, though.

When I was trying to get a SS copy of Batman #400 done, I got the signatures on the back cover because the bc image is identical to the front but doesn’t have all the text.  So nice open spaces for sigs where they don’t get cluttered up with fc text. 

To each his own though. 

Do creators respond to requests like that when signing in person? Like, if i wanted the signature on the inside page or even the back, are most likely to oblige?

I like a good front signature, as long as it does not detract from the book and is placed with that in mind. I should think most creators would not sign somewhere that takes away from the cover.

29 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Do creators respond to requests like that when signing in person? Like, if i wanted the signature on the inside page or even the back, are most likely to oblige?

I like a good front signature, as long as it does not detract from the book and is placed with that in mind. I should think most creators would not sign somewhere that takes away from the cover.

I used to get all my SS books signed on the splash page, or if the artist only worked on a short story inside the book, I’d have them sign there.

36 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Yes comic creators are usually willing to sign wherever you ask on the comic.

4 hours ago, BigDaddy1 said:

Yes comic creators are usually willing to sign wherever you ask on the comic.

Cool. Ive never been to a con. Sad, I know. And when I say that I mean a big noteworthy convention. The city where I live hosts a small one a couple times a year but there are never any comic guests. Just some independent artists and sellers of video games, retro junk and the occassional comics. Someday I will hit up Fan Expo or Motor City comic con as those are the two closest major cities that have them.

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

How would you preserve sharpie sigs on a guitar?

Personally I would mask the area in a square and spray clear coat on it-carefully.  A tiny spray at a time.  let dry thoroughly.

Edited by kav