• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAD MAX: FURIOSA starring Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth (2024)
6 6

269 posts in this topic

An easy 8/10.  

A great story, and top performance from the entire cast.  The whole movie felt tighter, and more cohesive than its predecessor.   Not trying to be disparaging of Tom Hardy, or Charlize Theron at all, Furiosa stands head and shoulders above Fury Road for my money.  

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 7:48 AM, Microchip said:

An easy 8/10.  

A great story, and top performance from the entire cast.  The whole movie felt tighter, and more cohesive than its predecessor.   Not trying to be disparaging of Tom Hardy, or Charlize Theron at all, Furiosa stands head and shoulders above Fury Road for my money.  

Fury Road is not a very high bar to surpass...

Edited by pemart1966

On 5/24/2024 at 9:59 AM, Bosco685 said:

Fury Road is a solid action story for me.

Now on to Furiosa!

4a08993b-40e3-45a8-9195-eb7e32a84d5a_text.gif.9219823f24f072018594c6417a3c7d18.gif

For me this was a very good movie. I would have to agree with the 8.0/10 overall.

Plenty of action once it gets going. And one heck of a revenge result in the end. But I still see Fury Road as one of the best Mad Max movies, as that is constant action throughout.

On 5/25/2024 at 10:41 AM, paperheart said:

this is discouraging

‘Furiosa’ Opening To $31M-$34M, Lowest No. 1 Memorial Day Weekend Debut In Decades

4 decades to be precise

I'm not surprised.   I watched here in Melbourne Australia, the cinema was only fractionally full.   There's been no shortage or advertising of the film, but the crowds just weren't there.

On 5/24/2024 at 9:28 PM, Microchip said:

I'm not surprised.   I watched here in Melbourne Australia, the cinema was only fractionally full.   There's been no shortage or advertising of the film, but the crowds just weren't there.

I figured with it being a 10 AM first screening on a Friday my theater being myself and a lady way behind me chomping on popcorn it was just a unique situation.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be the norm for Furiosa.

Man, was that popcorn-eating loud though.