• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebration of Allen Bellman..RIP Golden Age Legend

25 posts in this topic

R.I.P. Allen,

One of the nicest people you will ever meet. Had the honor of meeting him at a convention once after he did a at home commission for me. He laughed when I told him which commission he did for me. First time he did Scooby Doo. 

image.png

image.png

2 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Never had the chance to meet him, but I do have his autograph. Man #1 can be difficult to find with its disturbing cover; hunted for it for a while. The copy I found happened to be signed by him. 

image.jpeg

I don't know what I'd say to him if I presented it to him for an autograph...(shrug)

35 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I don't know what I'd say to him if I presented it to him for an autograph...(shrug)

I know what you mean, Bob.... I had been looking for the book because it's a kind of under the radar bookend to CDNP 46, a great example of the truly most disturbing stuff published in comics in the '50's and therefore a piece of hobby history. I just happened to come across one he signed. I wonder if whoever got it signed asked him about it? To me, this is some of the most amazing (that it was done at all) GA...the candid depictions of the darker side of the real world, like many a St John romance cover.