• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Hope that clears up whatever you do not understand. :banana:

I read the word Bat and then 1 and was trying to figure out how Batman 1 fit into that continuity. Simple reading/scanning error. Trust me, I am well aware of the entirety of the Batman pantheon. I've owned them all, several times.

Okay I gotcha. I've done that before as well. And no worries - I was under the impression you knew full well and I only posted the long message explaining it all not to just reply to you but just in general to make sure I was clear with my point. To be fair my original post was quick and I could see how it could be easily confusing. :foryou:

And to "I've owned them all, several times." I must say that is truly impressive - I have never complete "the run" even once in its entirety but I am working on it. I love the early batman books :cloud9:

(As an off topic side note - I also enjoy the original start trek series and Spock was always my fav character. Spock "rules" - "Live long and prosper")

And you will own them all again (thumbs u

Here was my last futile attempt at it

bakersdozen-1.jpg

Breathtaking... :o:applause:

I remember them all (since most were mine to begin with :baiting: )

This pic really is amazing. All the books there are grails for the most part! :applause:

Here is my last Detective Pre-Robin I will post for the time being. Need to get better pics and a NEW camera. Some how my wonderful brother borrowed it and broke it. So all I got is this iphone to take pics with (only 3 mp). Enough rambling -

Detective Comics #37 CGC 1.0

IMG_0993.jpg

I bought this from Yannis when he was upgrading his (and I think his new Tec 37 will be a 2.0-2.5 when graded :applause:).

Edit - I deleted a pic (I double inserted the same pic)

Edited by Bat-Man

Why thanks Show!

But, the landscape changed dramatically when I decided to put the #27 in the collection. So all of the lovely Dectective Comics issues in the above picture were replaced by the lone book in the top left of this picture

GreatEight-2.jpg

But, alas, the economy turned quite ugly and they all have gone on to other collections. I .....sob.... have none of them anymore.........

:cry:

you will again...you will again

Why thanks Show!

But, the landscape changed dramatically when I decided to put the #27 in the collection. So all of the lovely Dectective Comics issues in the above picture were replaced by the lone book in the top left of this picture

GreatEight-2.jpg

My good sir.......... :o

I am speechless with this pic. Grails, Grails - did I mention grails?

Tec 27 - what grade was that beauty?

And to you later post. The economy has hurt us all. I am sure you will be able to re-gain these issues if you so chose later on. But if nothing else. You owned a Tec 27! You owned a Batman 1! You owned a Cap 1! etc etc.

As far as I am concerned even owning those books (and all at once I might add) is an almost "legendary" feat that most of us (myself included) dream of completing one day.

You had a Detective Comics #27 - did you read it and how did it feel my man? :cloud9:

:applause::applause::applause:

edit - corrected spelling

Edited by Bat-Man

Wow just an awesome array of books! Nice pick-up on the Tec 34 and 37 Bat-Man. Keep it up with those tecs!

Just to make things clear, I am trying to do a run of Tecs 27-37 Batman covers only. As you can see from my mini group shot, all I need is a 27 and 31 (#27 is out of my range right now, but hopefully in a few years I can be able to buy one unrestored or restored).

Sort of embarrassing to throw this up here after all those awesome pre-Robins, but...

My GA collection is still in its infancy, and this is my only 'Tec thus far:

detective_156.jpg

that is a cool one, and not all too common either