• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I'll join the thread, as who could resist such a high grade double digit TEC for only a few hundred bucks?
It looks so clean and perfect in hand, I love it.

The photo doesn't do it justice, and I would easily believe it was a higher grade if looking at it raw. The notes on it mention: light creasing to cover, light shadow full bottom of back cover (honestly not visible at all, I really struggle to see it), light spine stress lines to cover small (nothing color breaking), multiple staple tear (amounts to two small ticks by the top staple).

TEC92.thumb.jpg.845ba3a0d98192da8a8f5d19cc5f46f1.jpg

Edited by Sauce Dog

I think almost everyone agrees it is the Joker on the cover of Tec 40. He's just dressed incognito. He just escaped from jail so there must be a huge manhunt for him. Attention all cars, be on the lookout for a guy with green hair, a huge mouth with red lips and and snow white skin. First thing he probably did when he escaped is steal that overcoat and hat. 

On 2/21/2020 at 9:26 PM, adamstrange said:

Batman 11 is the first cover we know has the Joker on the cover.

Detective 62 hit the stands 2 months before Batman 11.  I haven't read the story in Tec 62, though.  Is the Joker on the cover an imposter or something?  

On 7/7/2022 at 5:11 PM, nearmint said:

Detective 62 hit the stands 2 months before Batman 11.  I haven't read the story in Tec 62, though.  Is the Joker on the cover an imposter or something?  

per GCD it was earlier

Detective 62 On-sale Date1942-02-21

Batman 11 On-sale Date1942-04-10

On 7/7/2022 at 3:14 PM, adamstrange said:

per GCD it was earlier

Detective 62 On-sale Date1942-02-21

Batman 11 On-sale Date1942-04-10

I'm confused.  Those dates mirror my comment that Tec 62 came 2 months earlier than Bat 11.

Edited by nearmint

On 7/7/2022 at 6:21 PM, nearmint said:

I'm confused.  Those dates mirror my comment that Tec 62 came 2 months earlier than Bat 11.

(thumbsu