• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I really like the vanilla oreos...given I am alergic to chocalate, it was about time nabisco stopped discriminating

Wow allergic to chocolate? :P

And I fully agree its about time the white oreo was treated as an equal. :roflmao:

Thank you for kindly correcting his spelling errors without pointing them out.

C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E

A-L-L-E-R-G-I-C

I really like the vanilla oreos...given I am alergic to chocalate, it was about time nabisco stopped discriminating

And I fully agree its about time the white oreo was treated as an equal. :roflmao:

C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E

A-L-L-E-R-G-I-C

actually, both spellings are correct and accepted (thumbs u

Ah! Gotcha. I'm begging and harassing Chandler to put together a signing with Jerry Robinson (since he's usually able to signings set up with almost everyone) and this is one I was thinking of having done (since I have a Siegel signed 9.8 Action 1 reprint). Might see what I can find hm

Nice item.

And you want to get a Tec 27 reprint signed by Jerry Robinson?

If I could ever find a Tec 27 reprint (or any GA book) signed by Bob Kane (who past in 1998) and it could be proven authentic I would be thrilled. One piece I would like to add to my collection.

I have a CGC SS Tec 109 signed by Jerry Robinson (which I just bought from a board member)

Exactly. Especially since the Oreo Reprint has elements from Tec 38 and Batman 1--all with direct Robinson work in them--all the more appropriate. I also have a few other books I want to send in to Chandler if he can arrange this singing session as well.

There are a few Bob Kane signed books for sale verified by Dynamic Forces (where my Action 1 was verified), and I'm thinking about getting one of these eventually. Even though Bob was as shady a businessman as he was... I still can't help but want his signature. Regardless of his questionable ethics in some areas, he was still the guy who engineered the Batman mythos (probably a FAR more appropriate term than created as he wasn't the sole participant in his creation, but he certainly was the mover behind Batman becoming who he did).

Yeah it would be very nice.

And I won't get into my feelings toward Kane right now. But if you read my fan view of Batman 1 a page over I purposely listed him last.

Anyway Bob Kane is the co-creator of Batman - and I love his art. For that I would love to have his signature.

I hear you. There are some fantastic threads in this part of the forum that really give the rundown on the Batman Creative Team history--very interesting reads to say the least. While I do have a Batman #1 postcard signed by Robinson, I'd like to get it on some books of his as well. Kane is out there so he's not impossible to find, but I have YET to see a Bill Finger signature anywhere. THAT'S one I am going to eventually try to start digging around for (if they are even that many out there).

C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E

A-L-L-E-R-G-I-C

In Lynn Haven, yes.

C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E

A-L-L-E-R-G-I-C

In Lynn Haven, yes.

well, all I can say is Poofy is not a word :sumo:

C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E

A-L-L-E-R-G-I-C

In Lynn Haven, yes.

well, all I can say is Poofy is not a word :sumo:

(thumbs u

and I was disappointed when I was a child to learn that "gobs" is not a word. :cry:

Hey everyone,

And let me know if there has already been one started (again I am pretty fresh to the boards).

It would seem also that it would be fitting here to do it.

But anyways - I would love to get a thread (or discussion going in this thread!) where we can do break downs and go deep in discussing the early batman stories. Discuss art, style, story, etc. of any single issue. Maybe do an issue a week? And maybe get everyone's opinion from 1 out of 5 grade on cover or story per each individual issue.

If there is anyone interested let me know and you can either get it started or I can get it started.

I love talking early Bat stories and I know others here do as well!

No reason you couldn't do that about the Tec stories here. :) Seems like the right place IMO

Yeah that is what I was thinking too - just did not know because this thread in the past anyway just seems like a thread of posting Tecs you own or are on sale.

But we should talk about the stories! :applause:

No reason you couldn't do that about the Tec stories here. :) Seems like the right place IMO

Yeah that is what I was thinking too - just did not know because this thread in the past anyway just seems like a thread of posting Tecs you own or are on sale.

Sounds like fun. Send me over your pile of early Tecs and we can get started. :banana:

Sounds like fun. Send me over your pile of early Tecs and we can get started. :banana:

lol

lol

And in all seriousness... your want list looks a lot like mine. I'm really, really jonesing for a pre-Robin Tec this year. :)

Don't know if I can swing it, but I'm continuing to watch what's out there!

lol

And in all seriousness... your want list looks a lot like mine. I'm really, really jonesing for a pre-Robin Tec this year. :)

Don't know if I can swing it, but I'm continuing to watch what's out there!

(thumbs u

Love the Pre-Robin Tecs!

I would love to get a (2.0-2.5) Tec 35 or 36 this year!!

(thumbs u

Love the Pre-Robin Tecs!

...If I get a Tec #35, it will be more in the 0.0-0.5 range. lol

Fingers crossed for ya, mate! (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Love the Pre-Robin Tecs!

...If I get a Tec #35, it will be more in the 0.0-0.5 range. lol

Fingers crossed for ya, mate! (thumbs u

(thumbs u

I can only assume Tec 37 must be something of the outlier since I know 35 & 36 are higher demand, and 38... well, it's Robin's intro. I just think it's funny because I was able to snag a 100% intact, coverless copy for really, much less than I normally see these others go for coverless or in 1.0 or less.

I can only assume Tec 37 must be something of the outlier since I know 35 & 36 are higher demand, and 38... well, it's Robin's intro. I just think it's funny because I was able to snag a 100% intact, coverless copy for really, much less than I normally see these others go for coverless or in 1.0 or less.

You done good... (thumbs u

:busy:

I must say I really enjoy the Tec 37 story. The splash is great - Batman with his early "Bat-Mobile" (of course it was not called the Bat-Mobile until issue 48) pulling up to a "lone home" in the middle of nowhere under the moon light! Also love the fights on the dock under the monnlight and the final battle where the villian ("The Count") dies by a neck stabbing with his own sword! It is a very strong story and a strong final Batman solo story in the Tec's before 38!