• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I was watching that too. I assumed they got an offer they couldn't refuse. :(

It stinks. :frustrated:

That's frustrating. I bet the seller was bombarded with so many inquires and I won't be surprise it will end up be a in CGC holder and up for auction in the future.

:(

My other theory was that as well. That the seller might not have known what they had and when they saw the interest perhaps they realized that it is a valuable book.

I would not be surprised either. And by then it will command a "ton" of $$$ to obtain most likely.

MYSTERY SOLVED!

I finally got a response from the seller:

"Thank you very much for your interest in my Detective Comics, number 35, Batman issue.

I was so inundated with so many questions concerning so many aspects of the condition of this comic which I just could not answer. One Ebayer was kind enough to advise me that I would be better of, since I know nothing about comics, to send it to CGC for appropriate grading instead od providing Ebayers with my own, perhaps incorrect, grading of this comic.

Please contact me in a few days and I will let you know what the grading is and what I plan to do with this comic book.

Thank you again."

Also sent me a message with their e-mail and told me to e-mail in a few days.

hm

That's good DETECTIVE work Bat-Man. (thumbs u

:cool:

I'm interested to see if they do send it to cgc. And what the grade is. As with any book CGC makes a transaction safer for both the buyer and seller! (Also might drive the price up!)

That's frustrating. I bet the seller was bombarded with so many inquires and I won't be surprise it will end up be a in CGC holder and up for auction in the future.

My other theory was that as well. That the seller might not have known what they had and when they saw the interest perhaps they realized that it is a valuable book.

I would not be surprised either. And by then it will command a "ton" of $$$ to obtain most likely.

MYSTERY SOLVED!

"Thank you very much for your interest in my Detective Comics, number 35, Batman issue.

I was so inundated with so many questions concerning so many aspects of the condition of this comic which I just could not answer. One Ebayer was kind enough to advise me that I would be better of, since I know nothing about comics, to send it to CGC for appropriate grading instead od providing Ebayers with my own, perhaps incorrect, grading of this comic.

Please contact me in a few days and I will let you know what the grading is and what I plan to do with this comic book.

Thank you again."

hm

I'm interested to see if they do send it to cgc. And what the grade is. As with any book CGC makes a transaction safer for both the buyer and seller! (Also might drive the price up!)

That will be true...no ifs or buts. Looks like it will be a universal grade.

MYSTERY SOLVED!

Thank you again."

hm

Yeah it does, might turn out to be a stunner. I am glad they are thinking cgc because when I inquired about specifics I was left with more questions than answers. Like she called the covers "wrappers" and things like that which really confused me.

MYSTERY SOLVED!

Thank you again."

hm

Yeah it does, might turn out to be a stunner. I am glad they are thinking cgc because when I inquired about specifics I was left with more questions than answers. Like she called the covers "wrappers" and things like that which really confused me.

Hopefully the book will end up in a blue holder and find its way back on to an auction site so everyone can have a shot at it. As that joke referenced, wouldn't be surprised if HA and Clink contacted the seller to try and get a piece of the action.

Or, after the grade is made known, if it is indeed a nice, blue label, maybe i'll email her and tell her that if she doesn't need the cash to just sit on the book as it will only get more valuable year after year. :grin:

MYSTERY SOLVED!

Thank you again."

hm

Hopefully the book will end up in a blue holder and find its way back on to an auction site so everyone can have a shot at it. As that joke referenced, wouldn't be surprised if HA and Clink contacted the seller to try and get a piece of the action.

Or, after the grade is made known, if it is indeed a nice, blue label, maybe i'll email her and tell her that if she doesn't need the cash to just sit on the book as it will only get more valuable year after year. :grin:

I agree...whatever she plans on doing with it, she's a winner.

^^

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I've been jonesing for a Batman-cover pre-Robin Tec the last few months, but it's seeming like it's going to take a while... :juggle:

In the meantime, here's a rerun of my Bat/Tec group shot from a year ago. Not pictured is an LG Detective #11 I picked up shortly after this was taken, courtesy of Andy/October. :cloud9:

75364.jpg

I've been jonesing for a Batman-cover pre-Robin Tec the last few months, but it's seeming like it's going to take a while... :juggle:

In the meantime, here's a rerun of my Bat/Tec group shot from a year ago. Not pictured is an LG Detective #11 I picked up shortly after this was taken, courtesy of Andy/October. :cloud9:

75364.jpg

Great books! Nice covers!

What grade is that 32?

:applause:

MYSTERY SOLVED!

Thank you again."

hm

I agree...whatever she plans on doing with it, she's a winner.

^^

Especially if she is the daughter per say of the original owner........will be rolling in the dough :grin:

What grade is that 32?

Thanks! (thumbs u

Funny you ask about the #32... I've actually sent it to Matt Nelson for some repairs. It's pretty low-grade, with some spine split at top, tears and a detached/married centerfold, but Matt estimates it will be an Apparent 5.5 with just some simple structural work. I'll post it up here when it (eventually) comes back. :)

What grade is that 32?

Thanks! (thumbs u

Funny you ask about the #32... I've actually sent it to Matt Nelson for some repairs. It's pretty low-grade, with some spine split at top, tears and a detached/married centerfold, but Matt estimates it will be an Apparent 5.5 with just some simple structural work. I'll post it up here when it (eventually) comes back. :)

Sound good!

Gotta love Tec 32 - classic splash classic and BATMAN SHOOTS AND KILLS WITH GUN!!!