• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

It was submitted for grading appx. month and a half ago from the gentlemen I purchased it from. It received a VG 4.0 grade with "Slight (A)... small amount of glue on spine of cover" and a Off-White Page designation.

Within appx. 5 minutes of receiving the Tec 35 we were in the nail biting process of freeing it from the slab. It looks so much nicer out of the slab, nice cover gloss and really fantastic paper. Being able to leaf through the pages of this classic was fantastic!

The other reason for freeing it, was to turn it from a possible "commodity" to "keeper" status. I feel that anything in my collection end's up being "fair game" if it remains slabbed. This is honestly the pinnacle of my collecting thus far and I couldn't be happier.

Especially thankful for my good friend who unselfishly made this come into fruition, it's not everyday that a regular Joe Schmoe collector like myself has this opportunity. :grin:

That's the spirit Beaumonts :applause:

I'm a Joe Schmoe myself, and I love cracking out my GA books. Nothing like handling them, smelling them, reading them, the way they were meant to be, in their natural state so to speak. They are like time machines, transporting us back to the golden age. It really is quite an experience.

:)

So what is everyone's prediction for the final price of comicconnect's coverless tec 27?

What is generally, the FMV for a coverless Tec #27 in this day and age? (shrug)

I believe a couple were sold for around 10K about two or three years ago. Say, aren't you suppose to be inside the Baxter Building? Scoot.

It was submitted for grading appx. month and a half ago from the gentlemen I purchased it from. It received a VG 4.0 grade with "Slight (A)... small amount of glue on spine of cover" and a Off-White Page designation.

Within appx. 5 minutes of receiving the Tec 35 we were in the nail biting process of freeing it from the slab. It looks so much nicer out of the slab, nice cover gloss and really fantastic paper. Being able to leaf through the pages of this classic was fantastic!

The other reason for freeing it, was to turn it from a possible "commodity" to "keeper" status. I feel that anything in my collection end's up being "fair game" if it remains slabbed. This is honestly the pinnacle of my collecting thus far and I couldn't be happier.

Especially thankful for my good friend who unselfishly made this come into fruition, it's not everyday that a regular Joe Schmoe collector like myself has this opportunity. :grin:

Great info and great book!!!! :headbang:

Love 35 :cloud9: