• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

no doubles had a #28 (restored) but not a #29.

Need a #27 and #35 to complete the pre-robin Tecs.

Would also like an unrestored #28 and #31 (both restored VF-/VFs)

dern, that is some impressive books, nice job! ...I have been meaning to ask you, when are you reuniting with Andrew Ridgeley, maybe a new album soon? poke2.gif

in all seriousness, congrats!...

rick

And this Recil Macon copy just in...white pages!

100_1825.jpg

STEVE

Did he/somebody write a "C" in the first e in Detective?

And those reds are just flat out sick.

Amazing

Ze-

Latest purchase:

Tec 32 CGC 6.5 COW pages:

Tec32.jpg

I have always been fascinated by this cover. And while probably already talked about to death.

Here goes.

The first time I saw this cover I thought several things,

" I sure hope the gun barrel isn't hot" then "WTF is wrong with that guys knuckles?" And , "Hey that cop looks like John Wayne."

But alas the pattern on that green coat keeps me coming back. I love it.

Great, great book.

Ze-

I have been meaning to ask you, when are you reuniting with Andrew Ridgeley, maybe a new album soon?

Haven't spoken to George in a while.

Andrew is a good guy to go for a beer or three with.

Latest purchase:

Tec 32 CGC 6.5 COW pages:

Tec32.jpg

I have always been fascinated by this cover. And while probably already talked about to death.

Here goes.

The first time I saw this cover I thought several things,

" I sure hope the gun barrel isn't hot" then "WTF is wrong with that guys knuckles?" And , "Hey that cop looks like John Wayne."

But alas the pattern on that green coat keeps me coming back. I love it.

Great, great book.

Ze-

GA wolverine...getting ready to pull out the blades.. makepoint.gif schnikt....

I have been meaning to ask you, when are you reuniting with Andrew Ridgeley, maybe a new album soon?

Haven't spoken to George in a while.

Andrew is a good guy to go for a beer or three with.

I always wondered what happened to him!

rick

This just came in today from CGC. I graded the book accurately at a 4.0 smile.gif I'm very pleased with the book and the accurate grading I did.

Picture073.jpg

worthless, absolutely worthless poke2.gif....I tell you what, I will trade you a Mighty Mouse #16 and a near good betty boop #7 for it, but you will need to pick up the shipping both ways!

rick

This just came in today from CGC. I graded the book accurately at a 4.0 smile.gif I'm very pleased with the book and the accurate grading I did.

Picture073.jpg

worthless, absolutely worthless poke2.gif....I tell you what, I will trade you a Mighty Mouse #16 and a near good betty boop #7 for it, but you will need to pick up the shipping both ways!

rick

Hmmm tough decision.. Lemme think about it for a minute 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Great #35. thumbsup2.gif

The welll seems to have dried up on these.

Ya gotta know which well's to drop your pail into... some are are still quite liquid. wink.gif

Picture073.jpg

you little %*($#@#$%& !!!! makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

this is the book you beat me out on by 30 minutes with Metro. If I had just called them 31 minutes earlier, I would be posting this pic! tongue.gif

Congrats!

Steve

Picture073.jpg

this is the book you beat me out on by 30 minutes with Metro. If I had just called them 31 minutes earlier, I would be posting this pic! tongue.gif

Congrats!

Steve

Sorry Steve.. I dunno if I told you, but when I called for this book that day, I was about to leave for Las Vegas. I had a feeling inside that if I didn't call that weekend and instead called Metro back next week after I return home, I probably wouldn't be able to purchase it. Sure enough my gut instincts were right and I made the purchase before I left for Vegas. You will get your chance steve. There's another 4.0 on the census smile.gif But hey, you have a nice looking Tec 29 that I'm jealous of!!!

I believe that since most of the Tec 35's have been exposed in the market lately, that it will slow down again until another couple of years. The Crippen 5.5 was the breaking point of all these Tec 35's and I had to snag one before none are for sale for a very long time. There might be a few restored copies that might be released in the market soon, but unrestored copies... I highly doubt it.

Picture073.jpg

Congrats!

Steve

Sorry Steve.. I dunno if I told you, but when I called for this book that day, I was about to leave for Las Vegas. I had a feeling inside that if I didn't call that weekend and instead called Metro back next week after I return home, I probably wouldn't be able to purchase it. Sure enough my gut instincts were right and I made the purchase before I left for Vegas. You will get your chance steve. There's another 4.0 on the census smile.gif But hey, you have a nice looking Tec 29 that I'm jealous of!!!

..I'll stop my Ebay auction tonight on my Tec 140, and trade you for this 35...whadda' ya' say? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Picture073.jpg

Congrats!

Steve

..I'll stop my Ebay auction tonight on my Tec 140, and trade you for this 35...whadda' ya' say? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Whatever happened to just letting it ride on ebay? Oh I'm gonna win that Tec 140 of yours for sure. Maybe if you had a CGC 9.4, I may consider