• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2023 at 10:31 AM, Robot Man said:

Well it’s taken me what seems like a million years but yesterday the mailman brought me the final piece to the puzzle. I bought my first one back in the mid ‘70’s. But one just kept eluding me.

Here is now my complete pre-code run of Astonishing plus a handful of post code ones. Mostly Everett covers. At this point I probably just need a couple of post codes and a couple upgrades.

IMG_6939.jpeg

IMG_6940.jpeg

IMG_6941.jpeg

Quite literally an Astonishing run, congrats.

On 6/16/2023 at 11:31 AM, Robot Man said:

Well it’s taken me what seems like a million years but yesterday the mailman brought me the final piece to the puzzle.

What was the final book you needed?

On 6/16/2023 at 4:35 PM, Robot Man said:

This one. A fairly big one in the run with a classic cover. Just got away back in the day when these were reasonable. Time caught up and finally found the right copy for the right price at the right time. A perfect storm. I love Everett and this is pretty much him cover to cover. So stoked to have finally landed a copy!

comastonishing4.jpeg

Oh hell Bob, those grow on trees. :wink:

Here's mine.

Astonishing 4.jpg

On 6/16/2023 at 7:35 PM, Robot Man said:

This one. A fairly big one in the run with a classic cover. Just got away back in the day when these were reasonable. Time caught up and finally found the right copy for the right price at the right time. A perfect storm. I love Everett and this is pretty much him cover to cover. So stoked to have finally landed a copy!

comastonishing4.jpeg

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. I love to hear about the last issue one needs to complete a run or set. It’s not always the most expensive or rare book, and usually has an interesting story! :golfclap:
I also have a copy, and while not cheap, I think of it as the poor man’s Wonder World #7.

Astonishing # 4.jpg

Edited by Jayman

On 6/17/2023 at 7:32 AM, Jayman said:

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. I love to hear about the last issue one needs to complete a run or set. It’s not always the most expensive or rare book, and usually has an interesting story! :golfclap:

Thanks. I think other than #3 or #30 probably the most expensive one in the run.

I have thought about going for Marvel Boy #1-2 just to really be complete. But don’t really care that much other than the Everett. Probably not worth the cost to me unless they fall into my lap like this one did.