• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
27 27

9,323 posts in this topic

I'd like to have a high grade of this..... this is a Northford, but one of the mid grades. At least it has that gloss and those pages. Some really wild stories in this one.... "The Terrible Tatoo" is crazy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_2779.jpg

One of the scarcer books of the run, certainly. Nice copy, Jim!

...thanks, Andy. It's got a cool story called "The Speed-up" about a comic artist who can draw 12 pages a day. He's a thin fellow with glasses.... Joe Maneely inspired ? Anyway, his jealous co-workers get together to wrest his secret from him..... and, you guessed it, it doesn't end well..... GOD BLESS...

I always like this cover, pre-pre-hero monster.

IMG_5177_zpsc6a49852.jpg

Isn't that supposed to be Stan Lee on the cover? hm

That's just what I was thinking too!

He looks a lot like J. Jonah Jameson. Was J. Jonah modeled on Stan Lee?

I'm pretty sure it was the reverse. hm

I always like this cover, pre-pre-hero monster.

IMG_5177_zpsc6a49852.jpg

Isn't that supposed to be Stan Lee on the cover? hm

That's just what I was thinking too!

He looks a lot like J. Jonah Jameson. Was J. Jonah modeled on Stan Lee?

I'm pretty sure it was the reverse. hm

.... this might make a nice addition to the Reptile Covers thread.... GOD BLESS....

Sooo many cool covers in this thread! Loved everything I have seen in here! Real nice comics guys! (worship)

Has the Atlas Addiction set in yet...?

Yeah. Started when I finished my collection of every comic from Marvel from 1/1960 to 12/1979. Felt lost as not having anything to collect. Being a comic collector you need to be searching for some comics. The 50s Atlas stuff is amazing. I love your Marvel Tales run! Great stuff! :applause:

Great stuff and thanks. Congrats on completing that huge run - how many issues did it add up to and how did you keep track?

Are you planning on putting together a complete Atlas run?

Thanks! I never added up all the comics. Someone did and tell me once how many comics were in this collection....but I forgot what they told me. :tonofbricks:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6715953&fpart=1

Would love to collect every Atlas comic but that idea seems like a real mountain to climb at this point.

I have a Want List of 50s Atlas titles. Been working on the year 1959...which I need two more comics to have all of them....then I will work on implosion up, (Oct 57). But I do jump back further when I see cool stuff....like when you sell under copies of Marvel Tales. :pullhair::cloud9:

1d1e2b1370ec53c4db6faa7619a7032e_zps41417779.jpg[/img]

4c57f0d77fcfafd325caa67d450a460f_zps9989e03c.jpg[/img]

Ahhh yes, I remember those old friends. The 111 is a beauty, raw that book looks every bit 7.0+.

I hear you on things being tough to pass up.

I have found if I think about it too long...it is gone.

Buy it is when you see it, worry about the details later.

Good luck on wrapping up 1959!

..... a half stride from the finish line. Here's a book I always liked.... it has those cool "Van Gogh" trees in the background and the Zombies are decked out for Studio 54..... GOD BLESS...

JIUW22a.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

..... a half stride from the finish line. Here's a book I always liked.... it has those cool "Van Gogh" trees in the background and the Zombies are decked out for Studio 54..... GOD BLESS...

JIUW22a.jpg

Very nice!

Knowing how Atlas PCH stories usually go, I imagine the "Two Frightened People" are dead but don't know it and are being chased by their own kind. Am I close?

.... they're two travellers who stop in a town with an alleged werewolf problem.... once they determine the host of the Inn is not really a werewolf but a hoax.... they turn into their Vampire forms and suck the blood out of him AND his dog.... all in Romita's best early pseudo Maneely style :cloud9: ..... every story in this one is good. GOD BLESS...