• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,290 posts in this topic

I got my Venus 19 from a great boardie.

What can I say, he's an Atlas guy! :headbang:

VENUS 19 :cloud9: ..... NO Atlas collection is complete without one.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

In 2006 the Crippen copy of Mystic 18 went for $ 200 in CGC 8.0 :boo:

Wow, where was I the week that happened? :whatthe: It's taken me 13 years to (happily, finally) land my copy.

25jeg3m.jpg

...that would have been around the time of the original roll out of the Crippen books.... many top notch books didn't get graded and ended up in the Sunday auctions. It was 11000 books IIRC......GOD BLESS...

In 2006 the Crippen copy of Mystic 18 went for $ 200 in CGC 8.0 :boo:

Wow, where was I the week that happened? :whatthe: It's taken me 13 years to (happily, finally) land my copy.

25jeg3m.jpg

...that would have been around the time of the original roll out of the Crippen books.... many top notch books didn't get graded and ended up in the Sunday auctions. It was 11000 books IIRC......GOD BLESS...

Those were the days when Sunday auctions got little attention, unlike now.

Yeah..... back then the Sunday auction almost guaranteed a 40% discount. GOD BLESS....

Whats with the extended live bidding they just implemented - not liking it.

They've adopted the signature auction format for the Sunday auctions.

Yeah..... back then the Sunday auction almost guaranteed a 40% discount. GOD BLESS....

Yeah, I am not a fan...

Yeah, I am not a fan...

+1000. I use to always glance just before 8:00pm Pacific time to see where my bids were at would typically increase them to try and win books. Now I can't even be bothered.

One thing about the new procedure ...... We don't have to rely on batch bids if we like to snipe.... which, I confess, I do. I never had any luck with batch bids.... they either miss the wire or go in so early that the sniper becomes the sniped :boo: Psychologically, I think a fixed end time forces a person to put in a max bid that's a little higher than they really want to go.... hence the many record prices realized on Clink. Josh has been a very sharp businessman in many areas, but refusing to allow GPA reporting of his results seems to me a lost opportunity for some excellent (and free) promotion. GOD BLESS...

One thing about the new procedure ...... We don't have to rely on batch bids if we like to snipe.... which, I confess, I do. I never had any luck with batch bids.... they either miss the wire or go in so early that the sniper becomes the sniped :boo: Psychologically, I think a fixed end time forces a person to put in a max bid that's a little higher than they really want to go.... hence the many record prices realized on Clink. Josh has been a very sharp businessman in many areas, but refusing to allow GPA reporting of his results seems to me a lost opportunity for some excellent (and free) promotion. GOD BLESS...

Prices on lots, especially multi-book ones, have increased since Heritage moved the Sunday auctions to the signature format.

Yup, insanely so. At least on the stuff I was watching. Some of the results last Sunday were mind blowing; frenzied "must have at any cost!" type bidding.

At least they moved the start time earlier, but I can't imagine winning anything in the future if this trend continues.

Yup, insanely so. At least on the stuff I was watching. Some of the results last Sunday were mind blowing; frenzied "must have at any cost!" type bidding.

At least they moved the start time earlier, but I can't imagine winning anything in the future if this trend continues.

Yep - before, the auctions ended at 4AM GMT (too late even for me). Now with the new earlier start I can watch as I get outbid.

Yep - before, the auctions ended at 4AM GMT (too late even for me). Now with the new earlier start I can watch as I get outbid.

Yep, before I could pick and choose my battles, and sometimes win a book, usually I'd focus on one. Not likely to be a winner of any going forward with the new format.