• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

First I'd heard of this New Brunswick collection.... looks like my kind of books. I'd like to hear any details. Atlas books are so neat..... we have Stan Lee really cutting his teeth on what is basically the missing link between Timely and Marvel. I'll always love the SA stuff that I grew up with..... but I'm really digging this Atlas material, too..... a lot of that "bug" going around lol GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Time payments can be your friend :cloud9: I've always liked this one and my original intent was to pop this puppy.... but it looks so nice in it's totally scratch free slab..... thanks to Johnny545's impeccable stewardship..... GOD BLESS...

DSCN0368.jpg

Time payments can be your friend :cloud9: I've always liked this one and my original intent was to pop this puppy.... but it looks so nice in it's totally scratch free slab..... thanks to Johnny545's impeccable stewardship..... GOD BLESS...

DSCN0368.jpg

Superb book, Jim.

The distributor code is usually more in the center of the book but that grease pencil S code is typical of a River City.

This one, however, did not survive my OCD slab cracking impulse..... I'm wondering if this may be a River City ? GOD BLESS....

DSCN0372.jpg

The distributor code is usually more in the center of the book but that grease pencil S code is typical of a River City.

This one, however, did not survive my OCD slab cracking impulse..... I'm wondering if this may be a River City ? GOD BLESS....

DSCN0372.jpg

(thumbs u ......the Doctor is in ! ....GOD BLESS....

I understand..... at least you were able to obtain a few..... and some excellent ones at that. Here's my JIUW 55 out of it's slab :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

DSCN0374.jpg

One of my biggest regrets was passing on a nice fine plus copy of this for a couple hundred a few years ago. Gene had about 4 short boxes full of nicer Atlas books and I was interested in Atlas but not like I am now. It's a super book, cover to cover. GOD BLESS...

I'm off today and decided to spend a little time checking out the Heritage Auction Archives for (Atlas, ) ........ it's been a sobering morning. People talk about wanting a time machine to go back to the Golden Age...... heck, I'd be happy just to go back 10 years..... GOD BLESS....

Edited by jimjum12

I'm off today and decided to spend a little time checking out the Heritage Auction Archives for (Atlas, ) ........ it's been a sobering morning. People talk about wanting a time machine to go back to the Golden Age...... heck, I'd be happy just to go back 10 years..... GOD BLESS....

Especially the post-code, seeing those great Everett cover books in 8.5 and up go for $100 or less.

Especially the post-code, seeing those great Everett cover books in 8.5 and up go for $100 or less.

Underrated then and now IMO!

In 2006 the Crippen copy of Mystic 18 went for $ 200 in CGC 8.0 :boo: GOD BLESS....

P.S. I'm with you 2 about the post codes ..... and I don't mind the stories either.... even though they're not really horror by that point. Kind of like Twilight Zone episodes.....but I always liked that show.

In 2006 the Crippen copy of Mystic 18 went for $ 200 in CGC 8.0 :boo: GOD BLESS....

P.S. I'm with you 2 about the post codes ..... and I don't mind the stories either.... even though they're not really horror by that point. Kind of like Twilight Zone episodes.....but I always liked that show.

I definitely hear and feel that regret, but then again, what can you do? :)

Some Atlas books have definitely taken off for the stratosphere, others remain reasonable. I haven't been able to find a Venus #19 yet, still regret the one I missed in 2001, but will continue to keep an eye out. Eventually I'll get one!

Congrats to comixnoir on that great JIM #6 -- great stuff. I've been able to snag a #7, a #8, but a #6 does still elude me. :)