• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,319 posts in this topic

I love the Westerns from this period.....heath.....severin, etc. In my younger years, i dreamt of acquiring all the Atlas books, then i discovered GA centaurs, fox, etc and got "diverted". jon

There's still time Jon. You can get back to it. thumbsup2.gif

You are branching out from your usual "Month". Was there a special reason you were looking for the Crimefighters 2?

I think I can figure out why you wanted the Heath! cloud9.gif

You are branching out from your usual "Month". Was there a special reason you were looking for the Crimefighters 2?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Crimefighters # 2 ... maybe because it's the best cover of the 10 issue run along with # 6 ... and I don't already own a copy of any issue of Crimefighters as the series stopped in November 1949 wink.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Crimefighters # 2 ... maybe because it's the best cover of the 10 issue run along with # 6 ... and I don't already own a copy of any issue of Crimefighters as the series stopped in November 1949 wink.gif

Okay. So why were you looking to buy the best cover of the Crimefighters run as opposed to some other title?

I love the Westerns from this period.....heath.....severin, etc. In my younger years, i dreamt of acquiring all the Atlas books, then i discovered GA centaurs, fox, etc and got "diverted". jon

You might be still looking for some of those of those Atlas books! 27_laughing.gif

Okay. So why were you looking to buy the best cover of the Crimefighters run as opposed to some other title?

Oh, I'll be buying other titles as well, in fact quite a few more titles. The number is in the viscinity (sp?) of all of them! As I near the completion of the Month, I might try to go on - since I already will have an issue each of over 400 different series - and have an issue of most GA titles. I say most because I've so far excluded obscure one shots and short Romance or Funny Animal runs (at least for the initial list). For major / longer runs like Whiz, I did pick up another issue to round out the sampling.

Oh, I'll be buying other titles as well, in fact quite a few more titles. The number is in the viscinity (sp?) of all of them! As I near the completion of the Month, I might try to go on - since I already will have an issue each of over 400 different series - and have an issue of most GA titles. I say most because I've so far excluded obscure one shots and short Romance or Funny Animal runs (at least for the initial list). For major / longer runs like Whiz, I did pick up another issue to round out the sampling.

I'm sure that will be a fun way to stay busy for a decade or two! 893applaud-thumb.gif

That's two of my favorite Marvel Tales covers (130 & 134) the other is the Bill Everett "end of the world" cover (153?). Thanks for sharing.