• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,319 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2022 at 4:28 PM, buttock said:

Another completed run.  I have a couple of nice undercopies of the 10, but I was the underbidder on this 8.5 the first time around and it's bothered me ever since, so... 

Combat 1.jpg

combat 2.jpg

combat 3.jpg

combat 4.jpg

combat 5.jpg

combat 6.jpg

combat 7.jpg

combat 8.jpg

combat 9.jpg

combat 10 85.jpg

combat 11.jpg

What a glorius victory!!! :headbang:

Edited by adamstrange

On 9/14/2022 at 3:51 PM, Robot Man said:

Love odd books like this. Been looking for a copy for quite a while. Finally landed one. Most of the names are obvious. But, I just can’t place “G Ward”. Seems I have heard his name but drawing a blank.

(One of my favorite books as well).

This cover, done by Joe Maneely, includes George Ward, a friend of Joe's from the Hussian School of Art, and they co-owned a studio as well.

Both Ward and John Severin were with Maneely on that fateful, tragic night, when Maneely fell off the train and passed away.

On 9/15/2022 at 11:25 PM, buttock said:

Just got this in from a great collecting friend.  Probably my 2nd favorite Heath horror cover.  I think all the elements are extremely well done.  It's framed and set nicely.  The gal looks great.  The skeletons are top notch, the anatomy and positioning of the one climbing through the wall is perfectly executed.  And the main guy is a Heath self-portrait.  

adventures into terror 11.jpg

Never really  'noticed' this one before, and WOWZA :yeehaw:

On 9/15/2022 at 11:25 PM, buttock said:

Just got this in from a great collecting friend.  Probably my 2nd favorite Heath horror cover.  I think all the elements are extremely well done.  It's framed and set nicely.  The gal looks great.  The skeletons are top notch, the anatomy and positioning of the one climbing through the wall is perfectly executed.  And the main guy is a Heath self-portrait.  

adventures into terror 11.jpg

Very nice, that’s a stunning book, congrats! :applause: