• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,319 posts in this topic

Really useful charts, Scrooge! (worship)

Agreed -- great data presentation.

I'm puzzled why the % of hero books is zero for 1961 and 1962. I can think of a few obscure hero books that were introduced during 1961-62. Am I seeing the colors wrong?

Jack

Edited by selegue

Is that a bayonette to the neck in the second panel? - would have made an amazing full panel cover - as would the guy getting shot in the face in the first panel.

Atlas played around with the multi-panel covers throughout the fifties - but were there any other titles that had them on every issue?

I can't think of any, but there are so many Atlas titles you never know.

Mike

Jungles Tales is one.

http://comics.org/covers.lasso?SeriesID=1041

Thanks for the info - I missed this post earlier.

I haven't posted these in a while....Atlas Bible Tales for Young Folks. It's kind of unusual seeing all those Horror , War, and Western greats doing bible stories. There are also some non Atla books in this group shot also. Neat books and VERY HARD TO FIND.......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

BIBLECOLLECTION.jpg

COLANBIBLE.jpg

Thanks for posting these. You're right, some great work in there, and hard to find - I've still not been able to put together a complete set.

Did you ever think about starting a thread just for religious comics? Some great work out there that deserves a look. Thanks again!

BTW, is that animal overlooking the books alive???

Snatches the Iguana passed away a few years ago at the age of 10. He may have lived longer, but our diet for him included some items that weren't the best....cheddar cheese in particular. He stole some off of the counter while Judy and I were making a salad. He came back later and tried to make off with the ENTIRE block of cheese....so we included it for him often. I am of the school of thought that I'd rather live to be 80 and eat Big Macs than to live to be 95 while eating only tofu. He had the run of the house and knew where the tub was. He'd get in it when he wanted to swim. He was very clean and mellow...and actually seemed to like action movies....nothing else would hold his attention for long. I cried when he died, he passed away in my arms. As for the Bible Tales....they're cool and I was just re reading 'em again the other day. OSPG credits are very sparse, but Robinson had work in all of them and did ALL the covers. Harry Anderson had work in 4 and 5. Krigstein in 4, as well as a great Colan story. The Syd Shores stories are especially nice...he was obviously into them. The Everett story in # 2 is also decent. I still need to upgrade my 4...it's fragile. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hey PokerKid, do you have Wild Western 54 on your list? There are a few playing cards on the right edge of the cover. They are somewhat hard to notice though. This is not my book but I saw a copy at a local show and wanted to remember to point it out.

85938.jpg.43c17862a026e3d19d981144d92f08e3.jpg

Well the 4th panel there is all Heath. I know he was doing some collaborations early in the Atlas runs, but those stories look a little later.

The first story in the snow is as you guessed correctly Gene Colan.

The second story you believe is Heath is in fact Joe Sinnott! The story is signed (as is the Colan one).

Wow. You learn something new every day.

It wasn't an easy one. The Colan was easier.

Sinnott, just 3 issues before (Battle 62 vs. Battle 65), looked completely different.

From the page below, I would have said: Robert Q. Sale even though it is Sinnott. The splash is not enough to go on but it's signed for proof. Quite different from the Heath look in issue 65 :o

86844.jpg.3280170de61ae00b96999b17c480ab77.jpg

86845.jpg.d02c6df8485bc55aea1d90f615d8516d.jpg