• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Thailing

9 posts in this topic

If anyone has copies of Bill Thailing's catalogs for the mid/late 60s, I would really appreciate it you could shoot me some images or post them here.  Please also post about your experiences if you bought any books from Thailing.  Thanks.

I remember getting his catalogs back in the day. I’m addition to comics he always had big little books, newspaper strips, pulps, premiums and toys. I used to go in and put checks next to everything I wanted to buy but knew I could never afford. I did buy stuff here and there but had to list alternatives. By the time his catalog made it to me on the west coast, I was lucky to even get my alternative selections. 

I believe I might have a few somewhere. I will see if I can dig them out later today. 

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I remember getting his catalogs back in the day. I’m addition to comics he always had big little books, newspaper strips, pulps, premiums and toys. I used to go in and put checks next to everything I wanted to buy but knew I could never afford. I did buy stuff here and there but had to list alternatives. By the time his catalog made it to me on the west coast, I was lucky to even get my alternative selections. 

I believe I might have a few somewhere. I will see if I can dig them out later today. 

Thanks!  I'm mainly interested in getting a sense of how the breadth and quality of his inventory in the mid-late 60s.  And if it ballooned at any point therein.

Edited by sfcityduck

I was only able to dig up one of his catalogs. Not dated but probably from the early 1980's. I had them back to about 1968 but lost them in a fire. Here is the cover and a few sample pages. I rarely saw him have any of the big keys later on but still the prices are still drool factor now. PCH was still dirt cheap still at this point.

It seems like almost half of his catalogs were newspaper strips which I had no interest in but were pretty collected by the "old guys" back then.

The last page is some of his magazines. I found it interesting that he listed Feature Books in this section. I would be ALL over those Famous Monsters of Filmland now at those prices...

billthailingcatalog1.jpg

billthailingcatalog2.jpg

billthailingcatalog3.jpg

billthailingcatalog4.jpg

billthailingcatalog5.jpg

billthailingcatalog6.jpg

billthailingcatalog7.jpg

On 3/16/2020 at 5:22 PM, Robot Man said:

A couple I ordered (marked at the time for when I called). I got both of them but thought I was paying up a bit. I passed on the Giant Comics Edition #15 because I already had it...:facepalm:

billthailingcatalog8.jpg

:whatthe: