• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

I kind of like this cover. The Ducks had little race cars and Captain Marvel had a wind up set.

I don't think these were big enough for AJ but I think Clark Gable raced them in a movie which has a title that I have forgotten.

Corner was retouched a little too.

4703970457_1a939f5bea_b.jpg

Here's my latest pickup acquired in a partial cash/trade deal. I mostly collect Action Comics and didn't own any Superman books until now...

One of my favorite early Supes. Awesome copy, Brian! :applause:

Here's my latest pickup acquired in a partial cash/trade deal. I mostly collect Action Comics and didn't own any Superman books until now...

Sup4.jpg

I saw this book in person when Brian bought it, it is very nice in person.

great book Brian!

Edited by thedude

Congratulations Brian! :applause: I just had a thought. If you were to sell your Action #15 to me, it would bring you closer to that Superman #3

:o:ohnoez: Hopefully my Action 15 is a long term keeper. However, if I do ever have to sell it I'll be sure to let you know. (thumbs u

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Thanks guys. :grin: I hope to find a Supes #3 to pair with my #4, but it will probably be quite a while before I save up enough to make a run at one.

Good luck! The good news is, #3s seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately...there are five (!) copies on ebay right now.

Years back, it took me ages to find an affordable copy, and there were entire years where I didn't see a single copy up for sale. #3 is probably my favorite of all the Superman books, with #4 a close second.

Sup4.jpg

Congratulations! :golfclap:

#3 is probably my favorite of all the Superman books, with #4 a close second.

4 is my favorite. Back in the late seventies local dealer Ron Oser had that book in VG in his showcase for around 400 bucks(higher than Overstreet's price). Boy, did I want that book!