• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

I used to own the Church copy of #46. Really nice book. Dude, if you ever want to sell that 8.5, let me know.

will do Nearmint, I recall you saying you used to own the Church copy, I bet that book was incredible..I really like the red, white and blue color scheme of this issue, it's a nice change from the yellow Action covers that I have. plus it has more of a backround to it than most Action covers.

on the Action #46, this is probably the closest thing I'll have to knowing what a GA book looked like when bought off the rack back in the 40's, the reds are very deep, and the white logo area is very clean...the only bad thing about this book is that it has me wanting to buy other GA books in this grade range...it's kinda spoiled me. but I'm sure I'll come back to reality when I see the prices on other high grade GA books. but I'm very happy to have this one.

I never got over my addiction...

help crazy.gif

gossip.gif both are really nice looking copies!

Edited by adamstrange

Things have been slow lately on the Action Comics collecting, so I decided to pick up a Superman #32 that I've wanted since I first saw it in the "Superman: from the 30's to the 70's" book, which I had when I was a wee tot. Got it from Metro, didn't pay too much, and it seems to be in decent shape, and the pages are almost completely white cool.gif very happy with it. plus I can always upgrade some day if I wish too.

Superman32front.jpg

love that cover, my all-time fav, and also the first GA book I ever owned. Great pickup! Now you just need #s 29, 38, 41, 45 and 50 to complete that page of the Superman: From the 30's to the 70's book!

thanks Matt, I'd actually like to get all the books on both of those pages, I've ony got the #14 from the first page though frown.gif

man I used to read that 30's to 70's book all the time when I was a kid, that's where I first read the origin story of Superman #53, great memories of that book, still have it today. cloud9.gif (although it's a little tattered, but hey)

"Only got the #14"....gee, that must be tough on you! tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif

well, I didn't mean for it to sound like poor me, only that I had a loong way to go,, because on that first page in the Superman: from the 30's to the 70's book is Superman #'s 12, 14, 17, 18, 23, and 26, if memory serves...

and life is good Jon, no nothing hasn't come of that Action #48 yet..but hey Chicago Con is coming up ! yay.gif