• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

hey, the Superman thread has been revived !!!

Point Five, you dog,.. you've been holding out on us,.. one minute you buy a #6, then return it, and then whammy us over the head with a very attractive #5, congrats buddy, that's a sweet book to have.

Matt, that's a very nice Supes #50, looks to have nice PQ as well, congrats on getting another Supes from the 30s to the 70s book,..

Hey guys... shy.gif

I'm thrilled, and more than a little astonished, to say that I've just added this book to my collection:

supe5.jpg

It has really wonderful "freshness", and off-white pages with no tanning! 893whatthe.gif

Great cover colors. The cover has a bit of odd black marker touch which you can see on the spine...no good reason why it's there, as it doesn't hide defects and isn't really replacing any color. There's some equally odd bits of tape on the inside front cover, which are also without any obvious purpose. (Comic collectors are really a bunch of nuts, aren't they...) 27_laughing.gif

cloud9.gif

hail.giftongue.gif

OK I'll play.

superman34cgc8.0.jpg

Evidently you play to win! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I can't think of a nicer type of 8.0 copy to get than one that is a pretty as yours and as white-paged as yours.

I can't think of a nicer type of 8.0 copy to get than one that is a pretty as yours and as white-paged as yours.

Thank you kind sir. I've owned a few copies of this book over the years but I found the colors on this sopy to be exceptional.

superman31cgc7.0.jpg

nearmint, is that m-3-9 code on the top of your Superman #34 of any significance ?

Probably just an arrival date written by the store that sold the comic. They probably received it on March 9th. The "M" might be the first letter of the distrubutor's name, so they'd know who to return unsold copies to.

OK, here we go.

As many of you know already, I'm absolutely crazy about the earliest Siegel & Shuster Superman books, and decided at the beginning of the year to set aside some other goals, sell off some other books and go after them more seriously. Which brings me to this beat but complete beauty: a book I'm just in awe of, and truly didn't think I'd ever own...

1555865-supe2.jpg

smile.gif

Mega-kudos go out to Collin (comicdey) for making this possible! Not only did he discover this book in a collection he was assessing over the summer, and negotiate at length with some rather flaky sellers in order to get it...and not only was he willing to pass on it himself, knowing what a grail it was for me...but he very kindly sold it to me at cost rather than marking it up (and had he marked it up, which certainly would have been understandable, it would have been the difference between my deciding to pass vs. deciding to go for it). I've already sent him some modest GA book thank-yous wink.gif, but more than anything I want to express my sincere appreciation here on the boards. It was a kindness I truly won't forget.

--Jon

OK, here we go.

As many of you know already, I'm absolutely crazy about the earliest Siegel & Shuster Superman books, and decided at the beginning of the year to set aside some other goals, sell off some other books and go after them more seriously. Which brings me to this beat but complete beauty: a book I'm just in awe of, and truly didn't think I'd ever own...

1555865-supe2.jpg

smile.gif

Mega-kudos go out to Collin (comicdey) for making this possible! Not only did he discover this book in a collection he was assessing over the summer, and negotiate at length with some rather flaky sellers in order to get it...and not only was he willing to pass on it himself, knowing what a grail it was for me...but he very kindly sold it to me at cost rather than marking it up (and had he marked it up, which certainly would have been understandable, it would have been the difference between my deciding to pass vs. deciding to go for it). I've already sent him some modest GA book thank-yous wink.gif, but more than anything I want to express my sincere appreciation here on the boards. It was a kindness I truly won't forget.

--Jon

It looks great now that the spine is repaired......and I was happy to do it. I got to read the issue, own it for a little while, and then send it along to a great home. Some day I might be collecting the early Superman issues and you may have to sell it back to me. poke2.gifthumbsup2.gif

OK, here we go.

1555865-supe2.jpg

smile.gif

--Jon

Very nicePF!! I am a low grade guy myself for the most part. I do buy restored books though when I can't find a low grade.

Do you have a #5? That is my favorite of the single digits.