• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Action #7

Picked this up a few months ago (after it had sold on Heritage) but just now got around

to taking some of my own pictures.

A book I really thought I’d never have a chance to own, and really a surreal moment for me as a collector. A book I will be putting into the chest for the long haul.

The defect on this one is obvious. But the rest of the book is so nice in quality and color that it almost makes up for it. And again to just be able to own it, you’ll here no complaints from me.

Hindsight really is 20/20, I believe I was the first to post this book when it went up for auction on Heritage, and was defiantly not in favor of the piece missing. Passed on the book on heritage, regretted it ever since. As luck would have it when I started searching around for an early Action Superman cover, one of our boardies (none other than Rick aka Gator), had a line on this copy from its then anonymous owner who would sell if we figured out a price point. The rest is history. And I’m a happy man for sure.

Humongous thanks to Gator for making this happen, if not for you it would not have!

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Gator is the da-man. Wow...Congrats! :applause: I haven't visit this thread for a few months. (worship)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

First addition of 2012....

Sup_3_62.jpg

That is one purty book Kal (thumbs u

Agreed! (thumbs u

Just a little trivia. Canada Post sure thought that cover was pretty enough to issue a postage stamp (based on its artwork) sometime back in the 1990's. Joe Shuster was Canadian-born after all !

First addition of 2012....

Sup_3_62.jpg

That is one purty book Kal (thumbs u

Agreed! (thumbs u

Just a little trivia. Canada Post sure thought that cover was pretty enough to issue a postage stamp (based on its artwork) sometime back in the 1990's. Joe Shuster was Canadian-born after all !

Thanks guys! The tidbit about the stamp is awesome. I wonder if anyone here as one of those.. hm

Happy! :whee:

action48.jpg

wow! and old label too, press and resub, press and resub :insane:

awesome book Jeff. :applause:

awesome book, but I would not advise pressing it.

This one is staying with the old label. It's a solid 8.0, but I don't think it's upgradable. (thumbs u

My only Supe :blush:

superm18.jpg

Have you checked the notes? What is the hidden defect that brings this beauty down to .5?