• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: bad idea or worst idea ever from Marvel?
1 1

161 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Way to ignore 99% and twist everything.

So explain it. You said:

"They are doing it. They harassed DC to fire Sean Gordon Murphy because they didn't like the artist (who from all accounts is a piece of ) he chose for an independent comic. DC forced him to drop the project or lose his Batman book. They are doing this regularly. If they feel this is drek, why not just avoid it and not buy it/not support it? They have become the judge and jury for everyone. "

All three say that ISN'T what happened. hm

17 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

You say they have a social cause? They don't. Look, I'm not changing your mind, you won't change my mind. I would love to be wrong about what they are doing, but I've seen it. Playing the whoa is me card and act completely innocent. It's total BS because as soon as they are called out they wanna play the race card and say stupid like Angry White Males. I'm out. Stay safe. (thumbsu

They just want a comic to be able to relate to like any one else. What's wrong with that?

Micro Aggression-The smaller he gets, the stronger he gets!

Toxic Masculinity-One touch from him and the recipient suffers from testosterone poisoning

Virtue Signaler-She's puts on a good front, but she's not what she appears to be!

White Privilege-He's got the ability to manipulate any color!

Influencer-She's got the ability to make people do what she does! You're going to likes her! ;-)

21 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Cliff Notes please :roflmao:

Cliff took no note of this!

1 minute ago, Coverless 9.8 said:

Body Shamer! :wink:

Her power is she makes ppl so ashamed of their body they run away, stopping all evil plans!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

This is a pretty good summary...

The dude is so proud of this garbage he wrote.  lol 

He wants the people who read new new new warriors to feel the excitement.  All 3 of them.  lol 
But no, this stuff is EXACTLY the same as GL 76!  Why is everyone mocking it>????

1 minute ago, WoWitHurts said:

They can print whatever they want. Whether comic shops buy it is another thing.

As understand it comic shops have no choice in a lot of what they buy-it just gets shipped to them and they gotta eat the loss if its bad.

1 minute ago, kav said:

As understand it comic shops have no choice in a lot of what they buy-it just gets shipped to them and they gotta eat the loss if its bad.

That is unfortunate if that's the case. I would not want to be in business with someone with those kind of terms. 

3 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

That is unfortunate if that's the case. I would not want to be in business with someone with those kind of terms. 

just spoke to my lcs owner buddy-they do get previews but it just says 'new character'  they dont say like 'captain america gets killed' so basically they just have to order everything blind.  and eat the loss if its bad.

Edited by kav

22 minutes ago, kav said:

just spoke to my lcs owner buddy-they do get previews but it just says 'new character'  they dont say like 'captain america gets killed' so basically they just have to order everything blind.  and eat the loss if its bad.

They;l order plenty. Four new characters introduced. But also, there is the real possibility it doesn’t meet demand simply because of the new character first appearances. People don’t read these things, they hoard first issues and first appearances. That’s the market Marvel and DC curated over the past almost half century 

On 3/22/2020 at 10:46 PM, kav said:

Even though the execrable comic 'America' failed after a few issues due to dismal sales, Marvel continues to try to push this idiotic character on us, putting her in cartoons and apparently the next avengers movies.  They are determined that we experiance America, whether we like it or not.  
Word is apparently even parakeets are pushing the shredded up comic out of their cages-

If she does get an appearance in an Avengers movie you can be sure those who despise the character will be slabbing and flipping her first appearance!  Why?!  Because they'll do whatever they think will make them a buck, just like the publisher that is the focal point of their opprobrium! :wink:

14 hours ago, Coverless 9.8 said:

Micro Aggression-The smaller he gets, the stronger he gets!

Toxic Masculinity-One touch from him and the recipient suffers from testosterone poisoning

Virtue Signaler-She's puts on a good front, but she's not what she appears to be!

White Privilege-He's got the ability to manipulate any color!

Influencer-She's got the ability to make people do what she does! You're going to likes her! ;-)

14 hours ago, Coverless 9.8 said:

Trailblazer goes up against Body Shamer! :wink:

14 hours ago, kav said:

Her power is she makes ppl so ashamed of their body they run away, stopping all evil plans!!!!!

Would "evil plans" include a Dr suggesting that it might not be a good idea to promote extreme obesity by disguising it as "Body Positivity"?

And we need a team named Cancel Culture? And what about Incel Boy? Could we add Billie Eilish as just herself? 

And who would the villains be? We'd also need a character who is the "Living Embodiment of the Internet" And we've got to work PETA into this too.