• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great war books.
2 2

117 posts in this topic

Man 15 5.5 $95

General wear.  No big flaws. Heath with some Burgos added in.  Sometimes Atlas had Burgos fine tune any covers that wouldn't pass the code.  This is obviously for another reason since this is precode, but there are a few cases with Burgos and Heath.  In this case it works really well. 

MVIMG_20200322_143236.jpg

Just now, buttock said:

Man 15 5.5 $95

General wear.  No big flaws. Heath with some Burgos added in.  Sometimes Atlas had Burgos fine tune any covers that wouldn't pass the code.  This is obviously for another reason since this is precode, but there are a few cases with Burgos and Heath.  In this case it works really well. 

MVIMG_20200322_143236.jpg

Take it

Men's Adventures 14 5.0 $75

Just a wonderful Everett water cover.  He did maybe 8-10 Atlas war covers and most were water related.  This one is in his precode style where he was a bit more cartoony, my favorite of his periods. 

Really difficult book to find on any reasonable shape.  This one presents nicely. 

MVIMG_20200322_143416.jpg

Navy Action 17 7.5 $125

Another Everett water cover, this one more in his late 50s hyper realistic style. 

Interior stories by Colan, Baily (sharp art), and Drucker.  Great issue! 

Tiny corner off back cover.

MVIMG_20200322_153047.jpg

Just now, buttock said:

Navy Action 17 7.5 $125

Another Everett water cover, this one more in his late 50s hyper realistic style. 

Interior stories by Colan, Baily (sharp art), and Drucker.  Great issue! 

Tiny corner off back cover.

MVIMG_20200322_153047.jpg

:takeit: (oof! Michael got it just a titch before me)

Edited by comick1

Navy Tales 1 7.0 $195

This was sold to me as the River City copy and I have no reason to doubt that, but it has no cert nor code. 

It's a 9.0-9.2 with some creasing at the top corner that would improve with a press, but I doubt would eliminate.  Also a few pre marvel chips there.  Gorgeous book nonetheless.  I took a pic showing the wear as poorly as I could make it look.  As you can see in the main pic it's pretty unobtrusive. 

MVIMG_20200322_144107.jpg

MVIMG_20200322_144123.jpg

Just now, buttock said:

Navy Tales 1 7.0 $195

This was sold to me as the River City copy and I have no reason to doubt that, but it has no cert nor code. 

It's a 9.0-9.2 with some creasing at the top corner that would improve with a press, but I doubt would eliminate.  Also a few pre marvel chips there.  Gorgeous book nonetheless.  I took a pic showing the wear as poorly as I could make it look.  As you can see in the main pic it's pretty unobtrusive. 

MVIMG_20200322_144107.jpg

MVIMG_20200322_144123.jpg

take