• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAF CON 2020 - Virtual Art Con - Tomorrow 11 AM!
2 2

42 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, John E. said:

This was just another way to get eyeballs on stock. A lot of it old stock. No discounts necessarily unless the seller intentionally did so to move old inventory. In fact, I spotted 3x-5x markup on pages I’ve seen sold here on the boards or at L.A. Comic Art Con 😒

I didn’t buy anything but I did tune it. Overall, I thought I was a fun idea and wish it was longer than 24 hours. Maybe it’s something that should run Friday through Sunday? I’ve let my CAF premium membership lapse so I wasn’t able to participate. I wish there was a longer notice to get my 🤬 together. I swear this hobby is in dire need of low to mid 3-figure selections if it wants to stay healthy. 

Thanks, from what I saw, I assumed there wasn't any discounting in general. I was happy to find a piece and it fell squarely into your selection category description. There is art at all price points but you do have to be consistently on the lookout and keep grinding for those opportunities.