• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questing for Sandman Pages

76 posts in this topic

FlyingDonut, That page is great, as are all the pages from #50! I saw it sold at Heritage, along with the other from last November. I'm sitting around waiting for another to surface.

Here's to hoping...

And thanks for sharing it...

Who is the most desired Sandman artist ?

My personal favorites are Dringenberg, Kelly Jones and Jill Thompson (and Bachalo on Death). Perhaps not the most valuable, but in my experience Sandman page values are almost based more on content than artist. Well, other than Hemple wink.gif

What are Ex-Machina pages running, if you don't mind? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wouldn't mind picking up one in the future (if they are reasonable). Thx!

Fairly cheap, man. Spencer Beck sells them at www.theartistschoice.com. Just go to the Tony Harris section. The only problem is that Tony is slow in sending in the new batches of art and in my experience it's like pulling teeth to get Spencer to tell you what's actually available.

What are Ex-Machina pages running, if you don't mind? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wouldn't mind picking up one in the future (if they are reasonable). Thx!

Fairly cheap, man. Spencer Beck sells them at www.theartistschoice.com. Just go to the Tony Harris section. The only problem is that Tony is slow in sending in the new batches of art and in my experience it's like pulling teeth to get Spencer to tell you what's actually available.

Thanks Brett. Haven't been in the market for art lately, so I haven't been on Spencer's site for a bit. Guess I should've done a little reearch before asking. foreheadslap.gif

Yeah, you're right about that response time. 27_laughing.gif

Also if you could catch Tony at a Con, or contact him directly, the pages really are reasonable. (Though I just heard he raised the price on covers from $600 to $800, but still.)

I mean, I bought the last page from issue #1 for $50. It's only a building shot, but still, it's a significant page.

I hate that Spencer doesn't accept credit cards though.

(Though I just heard he raised the price on covers from $600 to $800, but still.)

Out of my price range for the time being, but that is very reasonable. I really like his work.

I bought the last page from issue #1 for $50. It's only a building shot, but still, it's a significant page.

Sweet!!!! A steal at $50, IMO! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

This particular piece was a BIN on Ebay. The dealer had it listed for many months, so I negotiated a lower price than the BIN. Same dealer has several additional pages from the issue, also for BIN, but none of them suit my tastes. (Though your mileage may vary.)

Dealer was slow in shipping, and the page was badly packaged, but hey, it got to me safely and I'm pleased as punch about it.

As probably a bunch of guys on this board could tell you, it's all elbow grease. I contact pretty much anyone who has pages I like and ask them if they're interested in selling. If they're not, no harm, no foul. But sometimes they are! So I've hit a couple of people at the right time who needed cash for whatever. Art. Life. Etc.

But dear lord, I hope I can find some more!

Just added a new piece to the gallery. A Vess Books of Magic page, with Morpheus of course... Stay tuned for more updates in the near future! Oh, and I'm looking for the two pages preceeding this one, which are both set in the Dreaming. Morpheus is only on one of them, and Cain and Abel are on the other.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=106438&GSub=15624

Impressive Jon, but I think I'm more in awe of your ability to find this stuff wink.gif

A Vess page, from the original Books of Magic and with Morpheus in it!

Care to share how this one found it's way to you? I couldn't imagine someone wanting to part with it.

Good acquisition.

Paul.