• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questing for Sandman Pages

76 posts in this topic

What else can I say but ,"NIIIIICE! ! !" 893whatthe.gif

Kelley Jones has got to be one of my all-time favorites and his Sandman art is probably my favorite. I, too, love that story. When your ready to let this page go, LMK.

I had such high hopes for the BAST Vertigo mini put out recently and was hoping to get some art from it, but the story seriusly lagged so my interest i the art was nil.

Mike

Wow. This piece arrived this week and I finally got a photo of it in some natural light. It's rare when a piece arrives and exceeds my expectations, but this one managed it!

Looks even better in person!

Hopefully this update is going to kick off a string of Sandman updates in the next couple weeks. Stay tuned!!!

As much as I'd love to own a Sandman page - I'll leave that kind of money to those of you who are REALLY passionate about the series.

I will throw out a request for any Bachalo Death pages that you know of. All I need is the tiniest panel of Death on the page to make me happy (though I'll happily look at any pages from the series.)

Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't dave mckean sandman art be the most desired. Oh and buy the way I have a sketch of death that neil gaiman did for me and I have been told that gaiman art relating to sand man is the most desired even though it isn't published art. then behind those two wouldn't it be Sam Keith, P.Craig Russel, and then Chris Bachalo

Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't dave mckean sandman art be the most desired. Oh and buy the way I have a sketch of death that neil gaiman did for me and I have been told that gaiman art relating to sand man is the most desired even though it isn't published art. then behind those two wouldn't it be Sam Keith, P.Craig Russel, and then Chris Bachalo

Personally, I don't think there is a Sandman page out there you could offer to me that I would turn down. For me, the artist is secondary when it comes to a title like this. I'd rather own a page from a key sequence than by any specific artist.

If I had to choose one artist to own a page by it would be Chris Bachalo - but that's because I'm a huge fan of his work. Someone else might choose McKean or Zulli or Keith.

Mike -- There were a few Bachalo Death pages in Ebay stores recently, but they don't seem to be around anymore... (not sure what that page is with no image)

I'll keep my eyes peeled though, and as I'm no fan of Death, you don't need to worry about me snatching them up! smile.gif

As much as I'd love to own a Sandman page - I'll leave that kind of money to those of you who are REALLY passionate about the series.

I will throw out a request for any Bachalo Death pages that you know of. All I need is the tiniest panel of Death on the page to make me happy (though I'll happily look at any pages from the series.)

Bachalo Death? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRIS-BACHALO-PINUP-...1QQcmdZViewItem

If I had to choose one artist to own a page by it would be Chris Bachalo - but that's because I'm a huge fan of his work.

You've got great taste. This is my best Sandman page (one of the few Bachalo pages from the main series)...

993901-Sandman12p26.jpg

993901-Sandman12p26.jpg.2567e18cee76591d73cf7e537e2dc613.jpg

If I had to choose one artist to own a page by it would be Chris Bachalo - but that's because I'm a huge fan of his work.

You've got great taste. This is my best Sandman page (one of the few Bachalo pages from the main series)...

993901-Sandman12p26.jpg

And that happens to be one of the few pages from the entire series I would choose above all others. tongue.gif Bachalo didn't do too many issues - and that's one of the best from his run. Great pickup!

(But I'm still more interested in a published Death page - for now anyway.)