• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questing for Sandman Pages

76 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, it seems that Kelley doesn't sell his art.

Yep, the only way to get K Jones art is from one of his inkers. I got my CRUSADES page from Jason Moore (the inker). The only other page I have been able to pick up is a Batman Splash tongue.gif

I'd love to get a Batman as a vampire page or an ALIENS page by K Jones

That is an awesome gallery of Jones art!

Yeah, the well seems to run dry quite often with Sandman pages. Then I redouble my efforts and something good comes of it. It can't go on forever like that I'm sure. So many pages are totally wrapped up in private collections. I count myself lucky every time I manage to find something of good quality...

What we need is for a major collector to flood the market or for a Kelley Jones to start selling his work...

We can dream...

Definitely. It achieved noteriety in a much broader community and was quite impactful on both the comics scene and in certain aspects of society at large. Though not as broad as some of the "hero" books, it's been inspirational to many artists, writers, and storytellers of all sorts. I've heard stories about certain celebrities who are proud to own a page of art from the series. No wonder so much of the art is out of the public view! I'm sure a good number of pages are held by those who have no affinity whatsoever for collecting OA, but are just happy to have a page from their favorite comic series...

This is a big update for me. My obsession with Sandman is obvious, and today two pages from my favorite issue arrived. While falling short of my ultimate goal of having a page from #50 featuring Dream, these are amazing pages, and mean a lot to me. Thanks to those who made this deal possible!!!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=7187

Well, unless something pops in the next week or two, this will be my last Sandman update for the year...

Just a nice page with Lucien to be found in my gallery. (link below) Nothing too exciting. smile.gif

Also, to organize a little bit for myself, and other Sandman fans, I've reconfigured my gallery. I'm undecided as to if I like it better or not, but my goal was to make it as Sandman centric as possible, as that's obviously all I care about wink.gif

Thanks for looking!

J

Well, looks like I get to sneak one good update in before the end of the year. Since this thread has gotten a bit lengthy, I'll start off a new one for the new year.

Updates today include:

Bachalo page from #12 - Morpheus meets Hector Hall

Sienkiewicz Watercolor from Endless Nights - Dream and Matthew

2 JLA pages from the Sandman/JLA crossover

Please check them out if you're so inclined:

CAF Gallery!

Happy Holidays to all...

Best,

Jonathan

wish I had some Sandman pages but I don't.... I'm still kicking myself on just missing out on the Zulli ones when 4 Color Gallery did that show in their NYC gallery....

At least I have some nice Sandman related art & this thread reminded me to get off my lazy butt & take this one out of the frame so I could take a picture for my CAF gallery (Still need a better picture when I can take it outside & get better lighting) smile.gif

It's a Charles Vess cover of Dream with Puck & Stardust that was done for the cover of "IT" magazine and also used for a Motor City Comic Con T shirt - I bought it from Charles Vess at a Heroes Con in the mid 90s and he told me it was the first published appearance of Stardust

Vess.jpg

I really enjoy seeing everybnody else's pieces!!!!