• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I submit through LCS

71 posts in this topic

The more hands passed through the comics, the higher the chance of a lesser grade.  That is my motto, so I don't every submit book directly to LCS.  I don't want to know the what ifs (books switched, mishandling, stolen, didn't submit).  Doing my own shipping already puts me at ease.  LCS is best at looking and buying books, but not for grading.  If you got some 9.9s, the comic owner probaly wants a tip.  Then the comic owner may want your books next time for keeps.  Too many factors.

35 minutes ago, bloodwings19 said:

The more hands passed through the comics, the higher the chance of a lesser grade.  That is my motto, so I don't every submit book directly to LCS.  I don't want to know the what ifs (books switched, mishandling, stolen, didn't submit).  Doing my own shipping already puts me at ease.  LCS is best at looking and buying books, but not for grading.  If you got some 9.9s, the comic owner probaly wants a tip.  Then the comic owner may want your books next time for keeps.  Too many factors.

who remembers that video of LCS with books to be submitted in box and they fell over and made a hockey stick out of JIM 83 then the owner tried to bend it back-

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

WTF!

LCS dude got guilty look bent book back tried to act like nuthin happened.  lol 

5 hours ago, joeypost said:

I would help you fix that. I do it for a lot of my customers. 

Oh, I know you do.  I hope that I was not suggesting that you would not or do not.

It's just a matter of something that you shouldn't have to do on my behalf. 

TBH I don't care much for you Hollywood! Truth be told I can't stand you, but that LCS that you submitted to sounds like a bunch of complete and utter incompetent scumbags who should have their business shut down, and maybe you can enlighten the board so others don't make the same mistake, unless that doesn't sit well with your fortitude.

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:
7 minutes ago, BaronSamedi said:

What is the name of the Company?

Ask @ADAMANTIUM

I'd have to Google it, but I don't want to get the wrong shop, I want to say Toronto comics shop in Canada, but I don't want you're thread to somehow get locked idk...

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

That looks like Hollywood1978.

It's you...but I digress there are some mixed reviews on the site. I have a good mind to offer up a Google review, and a negative one at that recommending that they come to the forums to check out what genuine collectors think of their service.

Just now, BaronSamedi said:

It's you...but I digress there are some mixed reviews on the site. I have a good mind to offer up a Google review, and a negative one at that recommending that they come to the forums to check out what genuine collectors think of their service.

Regardless if it is me or not, and some of those books in the pics are mine, I posted the review over a year ago. Has my opinion changed? ABSOLUTELY! 

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

Regardless if it is me or not, and some of those books in the pics are mine, I posted the review over a year ago. Has my opinion changed? ABSOLUTELY! 

As a collector of Raw's strictly for reading purposes unlike you- A collector of drek encased in plastic, I feel a sad state of affairs regarding shops like Paradise Comics, who take advantage of the civilized man and most likely child, who just want to collect for collecting purposes, are the reason why in twenty years about 80% of books will be encased in plastic. And I imagine the reaction in your emails, which you are failing or unwilling to divulge by a CGC employee, whom you have failed to mention (Kudos for your solidarity in this regard) who defends the collector over the tyranny of the LCS are clear evidence that these 'shops' are being exposed for the scourge within the collecting community that they are.

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Is it too late to change your review?

That's would be an interesting question but may be allowed, as I think Google allows only one review, you should be able to change your mind... idk... 

Sorry that your going through this, if you're books shipped from CGC is the LCS still going to give you your books?

Or are they holding them as leverage?

Are you still going to part with books at the con? I think that'd what you said if I'm understanding 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is it too late to change your review?

That's would be an interesting question but may be allowed, as I think Google allows only one review, you should be able to change your mind... idk... 

Sorry that your going through this, if you're books shipped from CGC is the LCS still going to give you your books?

Or are they holding them as leverage?

Are you still going to part with books at the con? I think that'd what you said if I'm understanding 

Its confusing and unbelievable 

As much as I don't want to agree with this

4 minutes ago, BaronSamedi said:

As a collector of Raw's strictly for reading purposes unlike you- A collector of drek encased in plastic, I feel a sad state of affairs regarding shops like Paradise Comics, who take advantage of the civilized man and most likely child, who just want to collect for collecting purposes, are the reason why in twenty years about 80% of books will be encased in plastic. And I imagine the reaction in your emails, which you are failing or unwilling to divulge by a CGC employee, whom you have failed to mention (Kudos for your solidarity in this regard) who defends the collector over the tyranny of the LCS are clear evidence that these 'shops' are being exposed for the scourge within the collecting community that they are.

I have to.:(

This isn't happening because they are The Kingpin to CGCs Spidey. I don't think they are malicious or incompetent,what I think they are is overworked or lazy, so by definition of criminality "an act of malicious intent or ill will" there is no guilt.

Albeit by their ineptitude they have cast the first stone.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Albeit by their ineptitude they have cast the first stone.

How very poetic

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

This isn't happening because they are The Kingpin to CGCs Spidey. I don't think they are malicious or incompetent,what I think they are is overworked or lazy, so by definition of criminality "an act of malicious intent or ill will" there is no guilt.

I am sure that is your defininition.

Release the emails!