• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I submit through LCS

71 posts in this topic

No... you should never do it through a store.  Do it yourself... I do not understand why this is still a question.

Packing and handling - The boards have always agreed that the more you transport something the greater the chance of incident for damage to befall it.   Why involve a third party? 

Theft - There is always the chance that the comic store will swap out your books or feign ignorance as to where they are.  Such is the story of Blu Entertainment in Amityville on Long Island.  This store owner made the local news for being less than honorable in many ways.  https://www.yelp.com/biz/blu-planet-comics-and-games-massapequa

1 - You guys remember the guy that said to people online that he hoped they died of a certain disease that attacks the immune system after something involving Magic the Gathering cards.   https://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/26/blu-planet-comics-vs-reddit/

2 - Some of us heard from upset former customers that he was swapping out or outright stealing CGC books that his customers were submitting. 

3 - My LCS and I had a laugh about him after he moved stores to Massapequa and after losing the lease on his personal place and then the lease on the store was found sleeping in the store by the local sheriff. 

Send them in yourself.   Seriously. 

So i may be lost in the gray areas of the conversation...but are you saying that you believe you get higher grades through direct submissions instead of submitting to an LCS?

Why would you doubt the grades of your books submitted through an LCS?

Also if you send them to a presser who can then forward them to CGC with a dealer discount?, whats yalls opinion on that? Or get them pressed and have them sent back to you then you submit yourself after pressing.

Edited by 956Ref

18 minutes ago, 956Ref said:

So i may be lost in the gray areas of the conversation...but are you saying that you believe you get higher grades through direct submissions instead of submitting to an LCS?

Also if you send them to a presser who can then forward them to CGC with a dealer discount?, whats yalls opinion on that? Or get them pressed and have them sent back to you then you submit yourself after pressing.

I can't answer but to speak for myself who didn't usually get things pressed. Given @Buzzetta's view and experience of less than vigilant proprietors which may be enough to sway a vote, I don't want the LCS to package my books because then I'm not responsible for any damage. I've sent books through the LCS, but that tends to be under their account, which is fine, but then I have to ask them for updates. If you were to send to "a pressor", they would probably be able to submit under your own account anyway. I don't know of a LCS that does that, because what's the point other than boxing and shipping, which I'm confident enough to do on my own...

Just some thoughts, given Hollywood's TAT of over a year and him not getting grades he expected, I was speaking more to him than in general 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

26 minutes ago, 956Ref said:

Even when I send books to Joey, I ask to use my account, simply because I don't want to bug him with the status of my books or what is going on.  

On top of that CGC has made mistakes before. In one incident they put the wrong labels in my order on the wrong books.  In another case they missed two things that I knew that they missed and I had them move the book from a green label incomplete to a purple label complete. 

Now imagine if that is under Joe's account.  Why should have to trouble him with that?   By having it under my account my problems were mine and no one else's.   

I'm almost positive whatever the LCS actually gave as the reason isn't remotely to the truth ..... but I wish I could pick up with the thread of this place posted a year ago, but I can't Google it and Hollywood hasn't said the name...

Probably a good idea not to post the name, as it was posted a year ago (if the same one) and nothing ever came of it... :(

12 minutes ago, kav said:

Why do it take so long if you go thru LCS anyway?  Wut do they do put em on extreme back burner?  WHAT
@Buzzetta

I'd like to know the answer to this too

Cept that they hold a bunch of books and submit them all at once and not as soon as you drop them off.

Anyway you look at it, its shady business....

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm almost positive whatever the LCS actually gave as the reason isn't remotely to the truth ..... but I wish I could pick up with the thread of this place posted a year ago, but I can't Google it and Hollywood hasn't said the name...

Addy

Come on, it's obvious what it is

17 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Addy

Come on, it's obvious what it is

Ya just remember that past thread and this one for any future people that may ask, it's a shame, but I'd rather let it die so that you can move on. That's insane the tat and I dont want to exacerbate the thread and make it worse.

Talking may help you get over it though lol

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya just remember that past thread and this one for any future people that may ask, it's a shame, but I'd rather let it die so that you can move on. That's insane the tat and I dont want to exacerbate the thread and make it worse.

Talking may help you get over it though lol

I've been talking about it for months

You already know

It's just frustrating and they hang up the phone on me today

At least the right people at CGC helped me out

There is layers to this shenanigans 

Edited by Hollywood1892

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

I've been talking about it for months

You already know

It's just frustrating and they hang up the phone on me today

It all seems beyond the pale :(

when you get them back, I assume that you will, never look back

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Is it normal

When you submit the books through LCS that your name (ownership) isnt even on invoices submitted to CGC but the name of the LCS is?

I thinks its normal.
@Buzzetta

12 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Is it normal

When you submit the books through LCS that your name (ownership) isnt even on invoices submitted to CGC but the name of the LCS is?

... it's weird facilitators under their account will put it under your name so you can call and ask about it, I dont know why LCS don't.... I don't know the logistics :(

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Even when I send books to Joey, I ask to use my account, simply because I don't want to bug him with the status of my books or what is going on.  

On top of that CGC has made mistakes before. In one incident they put the wrong labels in my order on the wrong books.  In another case they missed two things that I knew that they missed and I had them move the book from a green label incomplete to a purple label complete. 

Now imagine if that is under Joe's account.  Why should have to trouble him with that?   By having it under my account my problems were mine and no one else's.   

I would help you fix that. I do it for a lot of my customers. 

29 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Is it normal

I would say it depends on your relationship with the LCS and if you have your own account and push the issue.  In reality why would you use a LCS if you have your own account in that instance though?

The real rub here is that the service he was receiving was well under what it should have been.  No way should he be hung up on, now that is assuming respectful interaction on both parts.  Either way a simple "hey where is my books?" should not last a year, when it does I would expect a less than positive attitude from the customer and the store should know how to handle that situation.  If this is standard practice for said establishment then they should have impressed that upon the customer from the very beginning.....