• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Social distancing

59 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:
1 hour ago, dupont2005 said:

Everyone stand about 3 AK-47’s apart please 

this is for the americans, obviously. 

Muricha 

They did make it legal to carry nunchucks and brass knuckles in Texas, It might have been the whole nation but I forget...

Kuuuuunnnggg FFFuuuuu!

There is even a knife wielder in this video....... I'm sure in 20 years, there is going to be someone who tells me of the 2020's with fondness and nostalgia!

People are making root down's across the board :x 

18 minutes ago, mrc said:

....equivalent to 3 machete's in London.....:facepalm:

You saved me needing to think about our equivalent.

In my region, too many are still not observing social distancing and are wandering around coughing away.

The restrictions should be toughened up and enforced more stringently.

10 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Muricha 

They did make it legal to carry nunchucks and brass knuckles in Texas, It might have been the whole nation but I forget...

Kuuuuunnnggg FFFuuuuu!

Swords too. 

Yep!

I forgot about that, cause I text my brother when it happened...

He had one of those renaissance falchions from there, that he always wanted to tool around with but was afraid to take it outside lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

My grandpa has a real old samurai sword. It’s in WW2 furniture but the blade isn’t a mass produced WW2 blade. It wasn’t uncommon for heirloom swords to be outfitted for soldiers at the time. He’s had it since the early 50’s. I’d love to carry that thing around lol

4 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

My grandpa has a real old samurai sword. It’s in WW2 furniture but the blade isn’t a mass produced WW2 blade. It wasn’t uncommon for heirloom swords to be outfitted for soldiers at the time. He’s had it since the early 50’s. I’d love to carry that thing around lol

If it's WW2 vintage or can be identified as IJA (Imperial Japanese Army (WW2 used), it was issued as a sign of rank and can be of higher value.  :gossip:

23 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:
7 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

Everyone stand about 3 AK-47’s apart please 

If the stock is folded, that's about right (75 inches)  (thumbsu

I was going to say, that's actually about 9 feet with standard stocks.  I don't have the paratrooper version..., which I should.

I think all the blade and gun analogies are quite understandable within these stressful circumstances. Easier to visualise that type of localised threat and response than how to react to an invisible, 24/7 viral one: Jason Voorhees’, rather the all-around scare of something like John Carpenter’s hideaway Thing organism.

Fairly theoretical thread discussion for the U.K. due to much tougher weapon restrictions, and we are more vulnerable and physically defenceless against the stupidity of the minus IQ crowd out there.

Edited by Ken Aldred

so that this thread can stay in Comics General and not be moved to the Water Cooler allow me to add a comic book angle to the discussion.

For us Comic-geeks instead of hockey sticks and Ak-47's for measuring distance, we should be practicing a social distancing of 12 comics or 7 magazines or 5 treasuries distance.