• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larry Harmons Laurel & Hardy #1(1972) Highest census copy

21 posts in this topic

WoW! only ONE CGC 9.8 copy of L&H listed on the census for the last 4 and a half years! what a beyond tough book in true high grade. I say that because I am the collector who sent that copy in to CGC back in 2001. It came back graded 9.8 and I sold it in 2001 for $262.00 to an ebayer after the reserve price I had on it was not met when I had it listed on ebay. It resold for $600.00 a year later I found out by seeing the sale of it on GPA. I sure miss that book! never should have sold it for most bronze key books pre 1973 are near impossible in 9.8 or better .

Bill999

What famous bronze age book have you ever sent in to CGC to come back a 9.8 thats pre 1973???? I have many bronze age stories and discoveries(smile).

Bill999

Famous?

[embarrasing lack of self control].

HOM #174 and HOS #81 are beyond undervalued books in the guide!. Those books should guide for $500 each in 9.2 in the guide yay.gif one would think eh?

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

It's true (this is where you laugh your [embarrasing lack of self control] off). The last few HOS 81 CGC 9.4 copies were overgraded, and the last HOM 174 CGC 9.6 Pacific Coast went for $1,500.00. I'm scared to think what they would go for now.

headbang.gif

On comic Link a year ago a Detective #359 in 9.6 sold for $2,500.00 gasp!.

HOM 174 is much tougher than HOM 81 in true 9.4 all though both are real hard to find. You collect magazines too it seems? Ever seen a gothic tales of love magazine by marvel or own one? It guides for $160 in 9.2 in the guide.

HOM #174 and HOS #81 are beyond undervalued books in the guide!. Those books should guide for $500 each in 9.2 in the guide yay.gif one would think eh?

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

It's true (this is where you laugh your [embarrasing lack of self control] off). The last few HOS 81 CGC 9.4 copies were overgraded, and the last HOM 174 CGC 9.6 Pacific Coast went for $1,500.00. I'm scared to think what they would go for now.

I am fine with my VF 81 and 174 for a total of $75. yay.gif

tonofbricks.gif

Its beyond amazing that in 1998 most ALL bronze age books jumped up 400% or more in value in the guide is it not? In the 1993 annual overstreet guide Weird War Tales #1 guides for 25 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--------- can one believe it?????????