• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interactive Visualization of CGC Census 1930s-2010s? YES!
1 1

26 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

The interesting thing about Hulk #181 is that it was "on pace" for a lot more and it slowed down.  While 13,000 may seem like a lot, "slowing down" in the CGC census after the price went way up can probably only be explained by "dwindling supply".

hm

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
5 minutes ago, valiantman said:

The interesting thing about Hulk #181 is that it was "on pace" for a lot more and it slowed down.  While 13,000 may seem like a lot, "slowing down" in the CGC census after the price went way up can probably only be explained by "dwindling supply".

hm

When you throw in the fact that sometimes the census increases because of pressing/re-grading, then the 13,000 could be a much smaller number of actual books, and the census still didn't stay "on pace".

12 minutes ago, Bird said:
2 hours ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

Wow very cool! I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me, but how long did this take you?

@valiantman

It was almost a year ago, so I don't know if I remember. hm

The main problem was doing the data work - the graphic is "automatic" on the flourish.studio website if you get the data in the correct format.

There are more than 100,000,000 data points spanning 20+ years behind the CGCdata.com website.  It can be tricky to isolate the ones you need.

Edited by valiantman