• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: HG Strange Tales

17 posts in this topic

Looking for the following issues of Strange Tales (per other board members a title no one but me cares about poke2.gif):

Need them CGC's with at least Off-White Pages. I will PAY VERY WELL for the issues I need:

Needed in CGC 9.0 or better:

Needed in CGC 9.4 or better:

Looking for the following issues of Strange Tales (per other board members a title no one but me cares about poke2.gif):

Need them CGC's with at least Off-White Pages. I will PAY VERY WELL for the issues I need:

Needed in CGC 9.0 or better:

Needed in CGC 9.4 or better:

I CARE about them! sumo.gif

gossip.gifbut I'm pretty sure I don't have any of those in acceptable grade for you confused-smiley-013.gif

hi.gif

you would have loved my off-the-rack 117, 118 & 120. all were 9.4's with at least ow/w pgs.

now i might have something that bluto would like.................

I tried to buy them from you, but you sold them, I believe to Tom. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Of course, he offered more than I did, but should that really have mattered? hi.gif

you would have loved my off-the-rack 117, 118 & 120. all were 9.4's with at least ow/w pgs.

now i might have something that bluto would like.................

I tried to buy them from you, but you sold them, I believe to Tom. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Of course, he offered more than I did, but should that really have mattered? hi.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Yea? poke2.gif

now i might have something that bluto would like................. grin.gif

"You rang", he said as he lifted his head above the tiny cubicle. Very Fine Strange Tales you say. Between #110 and #130 you say, again. I smell a PM of a want list coming your way. "Verrrrrry interesting", he said as he slowly lowered himself back into his cell. "but, stupid"....in homage to Mr. Artie Johnson. hail.gif

Hy Steven,

From one ST collector to another, have you seen the nice 9.2 Strange Tales 118 on cc Net? It's pricey, but very nice. I just picked up a nice 9.0 a few weeks ago, or I'd be all over it. Strange Tales 118

Thanks!!!

I had not seen that one and look on that site just two days ago. Either new or I just missed it.

BIN prices is too high in my opinion but worth a bid.

Hy Steven,

From one ST collector to another, have you seen the nice 9.2 Strange Tales 118 on cc Net? It's pricey, but very nice. I just picked up a nice 9.0 a few weeks ago, or I'd be all over it. Strange Tales 118

Thanks!!!

I had not seen that one and look on that site just two days ago. Either new or I just missed it.

BIN prices is too high in my opinion but worth a bid.

it's a beautiful copy - my 9.4 went for $800 over 14 months ago. i'm thinking this is priced just about where it should be. buy it fer crissake..................... sumo.gif

it's a beautiful copy - my 9.4 went for $800 over 14 months ago. i'm thinking this is priced just about where it should be. buy it fer crissake.....................

It's a nice copy but 9.2's usually sell for about 40-50% of 9.4's. Strange but true (pun intended).

Plus I picked up issue #119 (the issue after) for $181.00 in CGC 9.0 on eBay just a month ago. There is no way a 9.2 should be a $525.00 book in my mind (that's 4x guide and it's only a 9.2).

That said it's a nice book for sure.

Speaking of Strange Tales... I just picked up a CGC 7.5 copy of ST #113 with OWTW pages for $10.00. I had bid $10 on the book. The high bid was $64 when the auction ended with the reserve not met. A day or so after the auction ended, I get a second chance "buy it now" offer from the seller for $10, so I jumped on it. Never had this happen before. The book arrived the other day and it is a sharp 7.5 book with rich colors. I think I got a pretty good deal.

Speaking of Strange Tales... I just picked up a CGC 7.5 copy of ST #113 with OWTW pages for $10.00. I had bid $10 on the book. The high bid was $64 when the auction ended with the reserve not met. A day or so after the auction ended, I get a second chance "buy it now" offer from the seller for $10, so I jumped on it. Never had this happen before. The book arrived the other day and it is a sharp 7.5 book with rich colors. I think I got a pretty good deal.

Great deal!!!!

Just not sure how there wasn't more "runner ups" since you only bid $10.00 and the winner bid $64.00. Seems like the person who bid $63.00 (unless it was a shill) should have had first opportunity for the book.

Either way, that's one of my favorite covers because of the pinkish / red cover.

COOL!!!!!