• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman: Journey into Knight ............

11 posts in this topic

= C.R.A.P.

Anyone else have a different experience with #1? IMO, HOM beats the living 893censored-thumb.gif out of this book. I guess I'm happy that I hated every minute of of it, so I won't be tempted to buy all 12 issues. I'm 1-and-done.

Haven't picked it up yet, and probably won't till I can get the whole run for a discount on ebay. 12-month minis irritate me. I'd rather wait for the whole story in one go, and pay less, too.

I wouldn't even recommend buying it then. It's really not good. I might get them all if I can get them for 50 cents to $1 each. Maybe.

Didn't like the art; didn't like the writing; didn't like the story. The best part was the cover, and even it wasn't great.

I don't think it's even possible to compare HOM to Batman: Journey into Knight. I find it lamentable that Marvel fans might use this DC pos as a legitimate comparison to the disgraceful HoM.

One is a publishers major summer crossover, while the other is another of an endless series of Batman mini-series and one-shots that rarely garner anything more than slight interest on the sales charts.

The crime of House of M is that it is lame... it's not awful, or poorly written (although that is debatable)... it is just mind-numbingly dull and unoriginal.

And what is so shameful about it is that this is the series that they have built their publishing strategy for the four biggest months of the year around. That's the crime of HOM, that it was not a "big bang", but a "dull whimper" built around the gimmick cover strategy.

It's a "jumping off point" for most regular readers, where it should be a "jumping on point" for new ones. But that's Marvel... they give regular readers the opportunity to jump off every chance they get.

Now putting a Pat Lee cover on BM:JIN made me automatically dismiss as a "must avoid". I did look thru it on the rack and saw nothing that would make me revise that opinion. It doesn't have any effect on the other Bat-books and is completely avoidable imho.

A more legitimate comparison would be BM:JIN to Marvel Mega-Morphs.

Kev, you are right. Jouney into Knight can't compare with HOM in terms of disappointment (even though I'm yet to be disappointed by HOM makepoint.gif). I was simply comparing the reads. I think HOM is still a better read than JIK.

I agree, it probably is a better read. I would expect better from Bendis.

As I said, JIK would be a shocker if it was a good read. Batman: Jeckyl and Hyde is supposed to be a good read, and I had dismissed that too. I'll get that one in the collected edition.

I agree, it probably is a better read. I would expect better from Bendis.

As I said, JIK would be a shocker if it was a good read. Batman: Jeckyl and Hyde is supposed to be a good read, and I had dismissed that too. I'll get that one in the collected edition.

J&H has been fun so far. Latest issue was the weakest, but overall pretty good. thumbsup2.gif