• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SILVER CONNECTIONS
6 6

4,690 posts in this topic

Two-Gun Kid is my favorite of the three main western Marvel characters. I prefer the Matt Hawk incarnation over the original Clay Harder version. I prefer the distinctive attire and mask, giving him his dual identity (like many of Marvel's Superheroes), to the rather uninspired average cowboy look of the Clay Harder original. I also enjoy the style of storytelling Stan and the gang adopted by the time the Matt Hawk character was introduced. I think as a whole, Marvel's western line is vastly overlooked, which is fine with me, as I still have many issues on my want list!!! 

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 7:39 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I prefer the Matt Hawk incarnation over the original Clay Harder version. I prefer the distinctive attire and mask, giving him his dual identity (like many of Marvel's Superheroes), to the rather uninspired average cowboy look of the Clay Harder original.  I also enjoy the style of storytelling Stan and the gang adopted by the time the Matt Hawk character was introduced.

Ahhhhh but the Clay Harder Two-Gun Kid was drawn by the incomparable Joe Maneely!

769671.jpg (Not mine.)

:preach:

Edited by Hepcat

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 11:59 PM, Hepcat said:

Ahhhhh but the Clay Harder Two-Gun Kid was drawn by the incomparable Joe Maneely!

769671.jpg (Not mine.)

:preach:

Agreed, Joe Maneely was a great artist and is perhaps the biggest wild card in the "Oh, what might've been" category. Also, the earlier Two-Gun Kid issues are where I developed an even deeper appreciation of John Severin's work (I may be alone on that, but so be it if I am)! That's why I have some of the earlier issues too!! I just prefer the Matt Hawk version. I prefer strawberry ice cream to chocolate, but that doesn't mean that I don't like chocolate. :wink: (thumbsu

Two-Gun Kid 38.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

On 6/8/2024 at 10:56 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Agreed, Joe Maneely was a great artist and is perhaps the biggest wild card in the "Oh, what might've been" category. Also, the earlier Two-Gun Kid issues are where I developed an even deeper appreciation of John Severin's work (I may be alone on that, but so be it if I am)! T

I'm a big fan of John Severin's artwork as well!

:headbang: