• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- just looking for some help

30 posts in this topic

Try it again, but this time, start asking for names and employee numbers of the people you are speaking to. When they ask why, say "My lawyer told me to keep a record of everyone with whom I've spoken and what they said."

Then tell them that your lawyer asked them to preserve the tape recorded telephone calls from your wife's prior discussion with the representative who authorized the use of the promotional rate with those checks. Tell them that you intend to pursue legal action for unlawful business practices and consumer fraud and that your lawyer said they'll be liable for destruction of evidence if they do not comply.

Then ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell the supervisor the same thing.

If that does not work and if you still need help with this, PM me after September 16 (my probable launch date for my new firm, depending on whether my landlord can get the new carpet installed in our offices before then 27_laughing.gif ) and I will help you. Make sure you write down names and dates of everyone you and your wife have spoken to in the meantime.

FFB,

Thank you very much for the advice. I printed your advice for my wife and she called them back and told them that we had already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and she told them what you said and they were then very helpful. They are going to waive the fees and give her the 3.99% interest.

Again, Thank You Very Much!

Chris

acclaim.gifyay.gif

Try it again, but this time, start asking for names and employee numbers of the people you are speaking to. When they ask why, say "My lawyer told me to keep a record of everyone with whom I've spoken and what they said."

Then tell them that your lawyer asked them to preserve the tape recorded telephone calls from your wife's prior discussion with the representative who authorized the use of the promotional rate with those checks. Tell them that you intend to pursue legal action for unlawful business practices and consumer fraud and that your lawyer said they'll be liable for destruction of evidence if they do not comply.

If that does not work and if you still need help with this, PM me after September 16 (my probable launch date for my new firm, depending on whether my landlord can get the new carpet installed in our offices before then 27_laughing.gif ) and I will help you. Make sure you write down names and dates of everyone you and your wife have spoken to in the meantime.

Thanks for the help! thumbsup2.gif I will have her try this when she gets home!

nice job fellas.

FFB,

Thank you very much for the advice. I printed your advice for my wife and she called them back and told them that we had already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and she told them what you said and they were then very helpful. They are going to waive the fees and give her the 3.99% interest.

Chris

acclaim.gifyay.gif

Bravo, Counselor! headbang.gif

FFB,

Chris

acclaim.gifyay.gif

hail.gif You are the man... listen, there's this loan shark forumite named Greggy, out of Canada, and I'm into him for about $25K 893whatthe.gif and he keeps upping the interest rate on a weekly basis... now he's asking for my worn shorts as collateral... what should I do? yay.gif

FFB,

Chris

acclaim.gifyay.gif

hail.gif You are the man... listen, there's this loan shark forumite named Greggy, out of Canada, and I'm into him for about $25K 893whatthe.gif and he keeps upping the interest rate on a weekly basis... now he's asking for my worn shorts as collateral... what should I do? yay.gif

It's a small price to pay. Give him the shorts, chalk it up as a life lesson, and stop dealing with Canadians. 893naughty-thumb.gif

FFB,

Chris

acclaim.gifyay.gif

It's a small price to pay. Give him the shorts, chalk it up as a life lesson, and stop dealing with Canadians. 893naughty-thumb.gif

blush.gif27_laughing.gif

FFB,

Chris

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

I want to be FFB when I grow up!