• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Technical posting question.

14 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, goodrockrich said:

Can someone please tell me how to nest a quote.  I can't figure it out and can't find it in a search. :pullhair:

Elaborate? Are you talking about like when the message you're quoting shows up in your post, like yours does in mine right now?

20 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Omfg someone finally taught me comprehensively...

What Avi said :)

@goodrockrich - see Avi's post above. You can play around in the testing section here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/11-testing-1-2-3/

Only you can see what you do there (and the mods). Create a post, reply to it and then try the nesting with another reply and you'll soon get the hang of it.

a.thumb.PNG.188a66fe641f39dd7021c70e9e68c5c9.PNG

b.thumb.PNG.3d98d27ec710a158663bc0755faf78ee.PNG

c.thumb.PNG.e91404afa798afd24550bef48a3794da.PNG

d.thumb.PNG.8b4eb65f7846c1e1b5a9317b05f474e2.PNG

Etc....

1 minute ago, goodrockrich said:

I NEVER would have figured this out.  Thanks for all the help.  The test thread is cool as well.

The test thread is good because you can muck about to your hearts content without anyone seeing (thumbsu

What's best is if you start "dragging" from the bottom, you'll know when you have enough of the last quote because the "Quote selection" pop-up won't appear until you have dragged the cursor far enough.

It used to be easier, but at least this does work.

-slym

Also, another pro-tip (I use that to put the Millennials at ease lol), but if you type out your entire post then want things emboldened or italicized (or whathaveyou) as my post above shows, just highlight the word/phrase/sentence you want emphasized and then click the "B" or "I" or whatever at the top of the form. I used to type out the whole <b></b> (or whatever) on the old version of the board, but the new way is much easier.

-slym

15 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

What Avi said :)

@goodrockrich - see Avi's post above. You can play around in the testing section here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/11-testing-1-2-3/

Only you can see what you do there (and the mods). Create a post, reply to it and then try the nesting with another reply and you'll soon get the hang of it.

a.thumb.PNG.188a66fe641f39dd7021c70e9e68c5c9.PNG

b.thumb.PNG.3d98d27ec710a158663bc0755faf78ee.PNG

c.thumb.PNG.e91404afa798afd24550bef48a3794da.PNG

d.thumb.PNG.8b4eb65f7846c1e1b5a9317b05f474e2.PNG

Etc....

Remember when you tried to teach me and failed miserably? :sick::baiting:

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Remember when you tried to teach me and failed miserably? :sick::baiting:

No, you're confusing me with one of Admin.