• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spawn "Thanks"

20 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, evolpe79 said:

Did the google photos link work for you?

I didn't try it. Giving you a quick grade opinion not buying the book for myself. Probably helps if you tell people what you see wrong with it. Every defect so they dont have to search it over that long. So they know where to look. Example book is perfect except a spine tic by the bottom staple front cover and a 1/16 inch crease that breaks color front bottom right corner.

1 minute ago, Myowncollector said:

I didn't try it. Giving you a quick grade opinion not buying the book for myself. Probably helps if you tell people what you see wrong with it. Every defect so they dont have to search it over that long. So they know where to look. Example book is perfect except a spine tic by the bottom staple front cover and a 1/16 inch crease that breaks color front bottom right corner.

I didn't want to bias anyone by guiding their eye.  But I'll take the advice.  :)

11 minutes ago, evolpe79 said:

I didn't want to bias anyone by guiding their eye.  But I'll take the advice.  :)

Depends on person I guess. If someone accurately described every defect to me over a telephone I could give a grade. Not all defects can be easily seen in a photo. And like this book I am not familiar with it. Are those mark's on the chain part of that art or is there some shelf wear there or tics or what. Looks part of cover to me. I just seen 7 spine defects. If there was a spine tear I totally missed it and grade would be off. Some non color breaking defects have to be caught at the right angle to see them. I seen posts in past that people pointed out or circled every defect or defect in ? so just a idea especially if it's not something easily seen. 

5 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Depends on person I guess. If someone accurately described every defect to me over a telephone I could give a grade. Not all defects can be easily seen in a photo. And like this book I am not familiar with it. Are those mark's on the chain part of that art or is there some shelf wear there or tics or what. Looks part of cover to me. I just seen 7 spine defects. If there was a spine tear I totally missed it and grade would be off. Some non color breaking defects have to be caught at the right angle to see them. I seen posts in past that people pointed out or circled every defect or defect in ? so just a idea especially if it's not something easily seen. 

It certainly doesn't help that the book is entirely white around the edges.  I only counted 4 spine stresses.  I saw them on front and back by the bottom staple.  The chains are a shiny metallic material.  There could be some wear, but to me it doesn't seem like anything non-production related.  But i don't have a 9.8 copy to compare it to.

24 minutes ago, evolpe79 said:

It certainly doesn't help that the book is entirely white around the edges.  I only counted 4 spine stresses.  I saw them on front and back by the bottom staple.  The chains are a shiny metallic material.  There could be some wear, but to me it doesn't seem like anything non-production related.  But i don't have a 9.8 copy to compare it to.

Well if only four then easy 9.4. I counted 6 or 7 and not counting again haha but I count any indentations I can see no matter how small. Of course small non color breaking aren't as severe. 

Thanks for the feedback guys.  Did anyone try to access the images through the google photos link?  I plan to have the book pressed with the hopes the stress lines become further reduced.  I'm new to all of this, do you guys think pressing would reduce those defects?

5 minutes ago, evolpe79 said:

Thanks for the feedback guys.  Did anyone try to access the images through the google photos link?  I plan to have the book pressed with the hopes the stress lines become further reduced.  I'm new to all of this, do you guys think pressing would reduce those defects?

I don't see a press really benefiting this book imo

I'm actually going to lowball this as a 9.2. The front is pretty good; the most serious of the spine ticks breaks color in the A below the bottom staple. But there are two pretty substantial creases near the spine on the back. One is a little bit above the top staple, the other about the same distance below the bottom staple (and might be continued on the front as that color-breaking tick, I'm not certain). They're in non-printed areas, so they're not color-breaking, but they're much longer than typical spine ticks and I can't help but feel they'll have more knocked off for them accordingly.

1 hour ago, Qalyar said:

I'm actually going to lowball this as a 9.2. The front is pretty good; the most serious of the spine ticks breaks color in the A below the bottom staple. But there are two pretty substantial creases near the spine on the back. One is a little bit above the top staple, the other about the same distance below the bottom staple (and might be continued on the front as that color-breaking tick, I'm not certain). They're in non-printed areas, so they're not color-breaking, but they're much longer than typical spine ticks and I can't help but feel they'll have more knocked off for them accordingly.

I agree, those stress marks are substantial and I couldn't see them in the scan provided as part of the eBay listing.  Thank you for you input.

1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:

9.4 but really hard to tell with the white cover.  If those are dirt marks on the back then that could bring it down a hair.

Yes, the white cover does make it difficult for sure.  Regarding the dirt marks...  I don't see any when I look at the book.  Can you tell me where you think you see the dirt marks so I can take a closer look?