• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HUNGER GAMES: BALLAD OF SONGBIRDS & SNAKES (TBD)
2 2

54 posts in this topic

Am I a bad person for wanting this movie to fail?  

Like, I hate everything about it.  Who the **** asked for an "origin" story for Coriolanus Snow?  The money fairy, I suppose.  

This remains true even if, somehow, this film turns out to be fine on it's own merits.  I just dislike the conception of it sooo much.  

Edited by Axelrod

That was really good!

Unfortunately my prescreen had the live from LA premiere, movie didn't start until 8pm as a result, and the movie itself was two and a half hours long lol

Still really good 

IMG_20231113_182354352.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I read the book and tbh, I really liked it.  It held my attention entirely, but I had to re-read the ending because I couldn't believe it ended that way.  I was kind of shocked.  Whether the film will be good or not, who knows, but I have a feeling they are not going to deviate from the book.  

On 11/14/2023 at 9:16 AM, Senormac said:

I read the book and tbh, I really liked it.  It held my attention entirely, but I had to re-read the ending because I couldn't believe it ended that way.  I was kind of shocked.  Whether the film will be good or not, who knows, but I have a feeling they are not going to deviate from the book.  

The live feed from the LA premiere showed the books author, and I didn't read it, but she was saying that it kept her intention.

I will say this, it was pg 13 and kids were there as young as 7-10, with there parents and both saying how they'd seen all the hunger games and were excited! For a late night showing that ended about 10:30 central time on school night? Lol 😂 I thought it was dedicated!

IMG_20231114_090003461~2.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/14/2023 at 7:39 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The live feed from the LA premiere showed the books author, and I didn't read it, but she was saying that it kept her intention.

I will say this, it was pg 13 and kids were there as young as 7-10, with there parents and both saying how they'd seen all the hunger games and were excited! 

And that's part of why this country is so effed up right now.  "PART" I say!!  This story is brutal.  Kids murdering kids, and these books were published by the Scholastic Press. They were marketed to Jr. High kids.   

On 11/14/2023 at 1:39 PM, Senormac said:
On 11/14/2023 at 9:39 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I will say this, it was pg 13 and kids were there as young as 7-10, with there parents and both saying how they'd seen all the hunger games and were excited! 

And that's part of why this country is so effed up right now.  "PART" I say!!  This story is brutal.  Kids murdering kids, and these books were published by the Scholastic Press. They were marketed to Jr. High kids.   

Ya there were some right next to us, and pg 13 was the "right rating" I suppose, but this wasn't like TMNT lol or something laughy, it was pretty psychological for under 13...

I awaited any reactions, but the audience jumped a few times at surprises, and while nothing was overly gruesome (that I remember) it was a very psychological based :canofworms:

On 11/14/2023 at 11:50 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 11/14/2023 at 11:39 AM, Senormac said:
On 11/14/2023 at 7:39 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya there were some right next to us, and pg 13 was the "right rating" I suppose, but this wasn't like TMNT lol or something laughy, it was pretty psychological for under 13...

I awaited any reactions, but the audience jumped a few times at surprises, and while nothing was overly gruesome (that I remember) it was a very psychological based :canofworms:

I think the most damaging thing to show a kid ( or anyone now that I think about it) is not someone being killed, it's showing wrong or evil or the bad guy win.