• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HUNGER GAMES: BALLAD OF SONGBIRDS & SNAKES (TBD)
2 2

54 posts in this topic

With the concerns over BSS is seen as more a success than The Marvels...

Silver should go to “The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes,” which is only expected to drop 45% for a third weekend tally of $16 million. It’s another strong showing for Lionsgate’s young adult dystopia prequel, which was the victor of the Thanksgiving holiday box office despite opening a week before. The film pushed past a $100 million domestic gross at the start of the week — one of 21 releases this year to achieve the milestone. Global haul is around $200 million.

...it's because it is holding the audience's attention.

^^

On 2/20/2024 at 11:34 AM, media_junkie said:

WTF??

Was it voted on by bots?  How did she beat out any number of action films in 2023 (including John Wick 4)?

You are not alone

On 2/20/2024 at 12:36 PM, Axelrod said:

Is this one of those "they give the award to the person who agrees to show up to the award show" awards?  

That or I was just thinking, isn't this one of the awards where people like have to log on and vote or call or something.  I could see her winning that.  I don't really see the demographic of John Wick (for example) going online and voting where-as I could see the "tweens" voting for her.  

I guess it "makes sense" but still even as a "people's choice" to give her an award over some of those others that did major stunts is kind of crazy.