• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Labels

5 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

You can find a listing of all the current and past labels on our website here: https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7873/  Unfortunately, we could not tell you how many books have used special labels as that is not something we would have record of.  

CGC is a grading company only so we could not advise you on the value of your book.  You might check with a comic dealer to appraise your book or you could check online to see what similar books are selling for to get an idea of value. 

Thanks!

The article above says there is still a limited number of the 2019 labels reserved for reholder. I would like to have an SS book reholdered with the Avengers label, is this label still available? If I submit asking for this desired lable but its no longer in stock, what will happen? Do you pick one for me, or do you put on just a regular label? Or will I get contacted indicating which one is still available?

Thanks much!

• Administrator

Hi, what they mean by "reserved for reholder" would be for books that already had the label and perhaps the holder got damaged and needed to be reholdered. A universal label cannot be switched out for a retired label, even with a reholder.  If you submitted that, we would simply advise you the label is not available in that case. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

Hi, what they mean by "reserved for reholder" would be for books that already had the label and perhaps the holder got damaged and needed to be reholdered. A universal label cannot be switched out for a retired label, even with a reholder.  If you submitted that, we would simply advise you the label is not available in that case. 

Thanks!

This was my case and CGC did a great job on fixing the issue with my slab and getting me my label on the new slab back to me!