• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why no green label?

26 posts in this topic

Can someone explain to me why a book missing a page wouldn't get a green label, but a book where the staples have been cleaned would?

Uber favoritism - it's incomplete, period sumo.gif

I thought cleaned staples would make it a PLOD as its a form a restoration, like dry cleaning? Of course no one will ever know for sure.
I just ran across a book with a green label and the reason stated was cleaned staples. I throught the same as you that it would be considered a restoration.

tonofbricks.gif

Hmmmm...maybe if I can get just a cover to Action Comics #1 I can send it in and they will just grade the cover, give it a blue label and put a little disclaimer on the side that the entire book is missing. Who knows, maybe I can get a 6.0 out of it. juggle.gif

Does anyone here not think this is just a mistake by CGC? Either it should be a green label or the page missing notation is incorrect? I mean, there's really no other possibility.

I agree. Definitely a mistake. By the OGG, since readbility is preserved, I would expect an otherwise MINT book with a missing page to be a G- at the absolute very best. Technically I don't even think it can get that. Green label 7.0 I get.

I wonder. I think it should be Green Label, but it is hard to imagine placing all of the info on the Blue Label, that someone didn't notice it, unless it was meant to be. It said that it didn't affect the story. Maybe, in some insane way, that they didn't think it was a significant defect.

Does anyone here not think this is just a mistake by CGC? Either it should be a green label or the page missing notation is incorrect? I mean, there's really no other possibility.

Ok folks before this becomes some huge conspiracy theory....

It's a mistake. We are aware of it.

And we are working on correcting it.

143ksk is right on money with his post.

Ok folks before this becomes some huge conspiracy theory....

It's a mistake. We are aware of it.

And we are working on correcting it.

143ksk is right on money with his post.

EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks NEWT - this is the kind of response that we should see more often.... thumbsup2.gif

I just wonder what can they do? I mean, the owner of the books is perfectly within rights to not change the label. It is not his fault that there was a goof. Though, I hope he does change it I would understand the arguement if he doesn't.

Good for CGC. hail.gif

Mistakes can happen and the best you can do is try to fix it.

Thanks!!!!

Also, for all those out there "CLEANED STAPLES" always get a GREEN LABEL.

Why, I don't know, but as long as CGC is Consistent, I'm fine with it.

Good lord. I cannot believe that people are so forgiving of such a terrible QC error. I also cannot believe that the recipients of this "mistake", while claiming they are reputable people, are more than willing to hang on to such a "gift". Blah. I would get hung out to dry for a mistake that large.