• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTH Happened To GPAnalysis?? It's awful now!
1 1

45 posts in this topic

WTH!?

Did GPAnalysis do a major website overhaul recently? I haven't checked in maybe a month or two but it looks awful now!

It used to be so clear and easy to navigate and compact - now it's just so much wasted screen-space and clunky!

Where's the trending charts? How many clicks does it take to show trends charts?

What a mess!

Agreed... the old style did not look as flashy but it allowed for everything to be readily available on screen for the sake of comparison.   I am hoping that it is a matter of 'trying to get used to the new style' and that both of us are wrong... but... I'm not into it. 

2 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

lol...you must have missed that other very lengthy thread about this a couple months ago. thankfully gocollect exists and is half the price of gpa. i am not alone in having cancelled months ago. adios gpa!

Yeah I guess I did miss it! LOL

Same here - 10 minutes clunking around the new GPA site and I am done. No way Jose!

I don't sell slabs anymore so I only use it for updating the value of my slabbed collection so... Cancelling membership today.

Will check gocollect.

You'll get used to it.  It takes awhile longer than the old system, and is not very intuitive.

I really wish they'd create a system so that the titles people are looking for are on the top of the page, instead of being buried in a 100 other titles - such as plugging in FF, and having to wade through all those titles no one cares about to find the Silver Age FF.

3 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

strangely, the gpa folks are here on the boards and have remained silent on this topic since december, when the new format dropped and the complaints started pouring in. wondering why there's been no real response since then. @gpanalysis

There were responses...the one I remember most shot down the idea of bringing back old gpa, stone cold. Not an option, will not be considered, deal with it (my words not theirs).

I’ve seen websites roll out new versions and allow people to choose the “classic” interface as an option when logging in. What would the harm in that be...?

Edited by Callaway29

6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

You'll get used to it.  It takes awhile longer than the old system, and is not very intuitive.

I really wish they'd create a system so that the titles people are looking for are on the top of the page, instead of being buried in a 100 other titles - such as plugging in FF, and having to wade through all those titles no one cares about to find the Silver Age FF.

No. No I won't get used to it.

Just cancelled.

No option for "classic" version.

INCREDIBLE waste of screen space.

Way too many clicks needed to get info.

Even closely-related content (like comparing 2.0-3.0 data of a certain issue) is too spread out for easy comparison without a lot of scrolling and clicking.

Even with this new format, put in "1963" along with "Amazing Spider-Man" and get ready to do a crapton of scrolling to get to #300

Goodbye GPA, enjoy my last payment.

6 minutes ago, jcjames said:

No. No I won't get used to it.

Just cancelled.

No option for "classic" version.

INCREDIBLE waste of screen space.

Way too many clicks needed to get info.

Even closely-related content (like comparing 2.0-3.0 data of a certain issue) is too spread out for easy comparison without a lot of scrolling and clicking.

Even with this new format, put in "1963" along with "Amazing Spider-Man" and get ready to do a crapton of scrolling to get to #300

Goodbye GPA, enjoy my last payment.

I had to take a moment to highlight these statements.

I think its a good commentary for the state of today's society.

Is your finger going to cramp up on you with all that hard work, ala George Jetson finger?  

People would wither away and die if they didn't have the internet.  Remember when your phone was just a phone or you had to get your research by other middle-evil devices like encyclopedias.

Damn... it's just a website, I didn't like the interface at first but you get used to it with repetition.

the problem to me was the drastic change all at once

new gpa gets you the info and I think it is designed okay, it might even be good, but there is such a change in how you approach the information that it is jarring

without having the words to express it, the information is folded into itself now when it used to be more linear

I find I have to look a few different places for what I want but it is usually there, just not jumping out at me like I am used to

so I am getting used to it and the more I use it the easier it is but I still get crossed up often

Edited by Bird

48 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

lol...you must have missed that other very lengthy thread about this a couple months ago. thankfully gocollect exists and is half the price of gpa. i am not alone in having cancelled months ago. adios gpa!

I was renewing on a yearly basis since 2014 and had not turned off the subscription.  Once it renewed I made sure to turn it off for next March. 

47 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Man I miss the old gpa site. I am relegated to gocollect now as well, which is better than current GPA, but worse than old GPA.

Not a fan of gocollect.   At this point I will just do my own research from completed eBay sales and heritage listings. 

32 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

If you type in a year, the list shrinks drastically.  

6 minutes ago, telerites said:

It looks like I am in the minority but I like some of the new features.  Compared to CC/Metro new design and functionality, GPA shines like bat urine in a dark cave (evoking a Monty Pythonism) 

So do I.  Especially being able to remove restored, qualified and sig series books from the data.