• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

polished_gem_comics aka diamond_comics_llc aka silver_valley_comics CGC slab cracking and overgrading for profit
8 8

595 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

:bump:   

Same dog, same old predictable, "Original owner" tricks: 

"Hello Collectors I’m Going To Be Selling Off Most Of My Personal Collection. With Titles Such As Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer & Much Much More! I’m Not A Dealer I’m Just A Collector That Loves This Hobby Of Collecting Comics! A lot Of The Books That We’ll Be Listing We’re Books That I Acquired From The 60s-80s. If There Is A Special Issue Your Looking For Chances Are I Have It Just Ask."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-HIGH-GRADE-1ST-FULL-APP-OF-THE-WOLVERINE-CGC-THIS/402577436711?hash=item5dbb7c3027:g:GFwAAOSwOxtfvXtn  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-181-First-Appearance-of-the-Wolverine-25c-02456-Bronze-Age-/333737778626?hash=item4db4525dc2%3Ag%3A1WwAAOSw83Ffcy9a&nma=true&si=zvVMuV%2BK9q1QVdH%2FYd0Jm5TpeuY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And many others. 

Did he keep them in a tree fort?  This will be crucial to my bidding decisions.

12 minutes ago, kav said:

Did he keep them in a tree fort?  This will be crucial to my bidding decisions.

He either lacks critical cognition and is unable to learn from past strategical errors or lacks funding to hold onto inventory before reselling. At this point, his hold time really won't affect my ability to track all of his ebay purchases and resales, I have a full ebay buy and sell record of all three of his incarnations. I'm keeping track, but aside from that know exactly how to look way, way back, beyond the 90 day ebay window anyway if I had to. 

Interesting is his image rendition of the Hulk 181 that about 50 to 75% of all the flaked spine wear is healed by possibly photoshop, perhaps other. hm

Edited by James J Johnson

19 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

He either lacks critical cognition and is unable to learn from past strategical errors or lacks funding to hold onto inventory before reselling. At this point, his hold time really won't affect my ability to track all of his ebay purchases and resales, I have a full ebay buy and sell record of all three of his incarnations. I'm keeping track, but aside from that know exactly how to look way, way back, beyond the 90 day ebay window anyway if I had to. 

Interesting is his image rendition of the Hulk 181 that about 50 to 75% of all the flaked spine wear is healed by possibly photoshop, perhaps other. hm

You should probably add homeboy’s new eBay handle to the thread title too.

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

You should probably add homeboy’s new eBay handle to the thread title too.

I agree, you're right and that was the first thing I was going to do before even posting, just for the sake of relevance since it's the same seller, same basic tactics, but the title admonishes for slab cracking and then misrepresenting the books as from storage at infted grades, a thing that although along the same lines here, is still different. Have you considered that and if not, now taking that into consideration, do you still think I should add it? Because that's the way I was leaning anyway.  

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I agree, you're right and that was the first thing I was going to do before even posting, just for the sake of relevance since it's the same seller, same basic tactics, but the title admonishes for slab cracking and then misrepresenting the books as from storage at infted grades, a thing that although along the same lines here, is still different. Have you considered that and if not, now taking that into consideration, do you still think I should add it? Because that's the way I was leaning anyway.  

I still say yes, because what’s to stop him from going back to slab cracking too?  And any new reader of this thread would see that slab cracking was part of his prior conduct, so I think it remains accurate to leave that in the title.

Just now, mattn792 said:

I still say yes, because what’s to stop him from going back to slab cracking too?  And any new reader of this thread would see that slab cracking was part of his prior conduct, so I think it remains accurate to leave that in the title.

That's incentive enough for me, I was on the fence and just needed the nudge. Adding the Silver_Valley_comics handle to the title to complete the flim-flammery tri-fecta. (thumbsu

8 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

So it has been written, so it has been done!  :gossip:

39 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Look for a lot of AS 316s. Among several others that he buys quantitiy of, both raw and slabbed, he seems to be buying 316s with greater frequency than any other issues.

Possibly his dad bought him lots of copies which he kept in his tree fort!

4 minutes ago, kav said:

Possibly his dad bought him lots of copies which he kept in his tree fort!

And that tree fort had mysterious paper optimization properties. Akin to anecdotal accounts of sharpening razor blades by placing them in the spatial center of a pyramid! What he's buying as raw VFs to slabbed 9.4s become unread gems, who needs to press when you have a magical tree-fort like where these books were stored, right? 

Just now, James J Johnson said:

And that tree fort had mysterious paper optimization properties. Akin to anecdotal accounts of sharpening razor blades by placing them in the spatial center of a pyramid! What he's buying as raw VFs to slabbed 9.4s become unread gems, who needs to press when you have a magical tree-fort like where these books were stored, right? 

It's quite possible-even likely-that his tree fort was in the shape of a pyramid!
And they were savvy buyers too-Big Wheel-no need to stock up-we can see that villain is going nowhere.  But this venom guy-he has legs!

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

what a guy to part with his childhood collection !! he has had them all these years ... but has to sell them now due to the covid ...sad....

His loss is your gain!  L@@K!