• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics as a kid in the hospital?
1 1

53 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, kav said:

Several comics acquired a special significance for me as they were during hospital visits.  the first books were when I was 10 and had tonsils out.  I also got tiger pajamas.
Superboy Vol 1 153Jimmy Olsen Vol 1 117Superman v.1 212Superman v.1 213image.jpeg.2120a82d98989177d863273c8fb5235f.jpeg

Then in 1975 2 weeks in hospital for back surgery-this is the only book I can remember.
Giant-Size X-Men Vol 1 2

I don't have any of these comics to send you but as for the tiger print PJs:

tigrasurfer.jpg.3b2cf096d1814b081866df70d407f118.jpg

1 minute ago, comics4all said:

I don't have any of these comics to send you but as for the tiger print PJs:

tigrasurfer.jpg.3b2cf096d1814b081866df70d407f118.jpg

I remember sliding on socks and girl in other bed said hey tiger.  lol 

image.jpeg.f6e3453e44761ef8c0c2d9fc14bc5e90.jpeg

I never went into hospital when I was a kid.  I read a lot of comics while waiting at the dentist, though.  Bronze Age Marvels.

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

I never went into hospital when I was a kid.  I read a lot of comics while waiting at the dentist, though.  Bronze Age Marvels.

we got them highlights.  goofus and gallant.

I never stayed over night, although in junior high, I did fracture my middle finger, made for quite the fashion statement with cast on my wrist and only the middle finger!

Made raising my hand in class to answer questions at my private school fun for a change (:

I would have loved some comics!

Initially I went to Dr for sore throat.  He said lemme see then sliced abscess with scalpel and pulled out quickly.  I did not see scalpel nor did my mom.  blood and pus flew out.  when I went in for tonsils he said yes I recognize that scar.

43 minutes ago, kav said:

Then in 1975 2 weeks in hospital for back surgery-this is the only book I can remember.
Giant-Size X-Men Vol 1 2

Was this the first time you saw Kneel Atoms' artwork?  

42 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Was this the first time you saw Kneel Atoms' artwork?  

nah he drew plenty of SA DC covers including the superboy and supermans and jimmie olsens above.

48 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Do you have any photos of this? lol

maybe-I could post-if it will get people to like me-
-and give me credit-

12 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Can't go wrong with those two!

Years ago i came to conclusion kirby thors undervalued.  I bought multiple copies.  $5-$10 each, mostly in lots.  They have risen.  Some have spiked.  But overall, Kirby Thors are still undervalued.  Thor 131-134 I have recommended for a while as the colonizers storyline is movie material, plus high evolutionary.

Edited by kav